Supermarine S6B in 1/72 & 1/48 from MikroMir

Hi Everybody,

As a fan and happy customer of MikroMir I'm happy to see that they're offering new kits of this beautiful aircraft. Announcement HERE

They're asking for assistance with the design so if anybody can help I'm sure they'll be happy to hear from you. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 24/06/2018 at 09:17, bentwaters81tfw said:

Incidentally it's not a civilian aircraft.

Well, that's an interesting idea.

But although the UK's efforts were put in the hands of the High Speed Flight to try to compete with the others- esp the US Navy team- it can't really be looked on as a military plane either.

Especially when it ended up with Lady Houston funding the UK project by 1931.

These planes really do straddle the boundary between civil and military.

But if I had to vote, I think my tendency would be to put my chit in the Civilian box..... 😃

26 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

Well, that's an interesting idea.

But although the UK's efforts were put in the hands of the High Speed Flight to try to compete with the others- esp the US Navy team- it can't really be looked on as a military plane either.

Especially when it ended up with Lady Houston funding the UK project by 1931.

These planes really do straddle the boundary between civil and military.

But if I had to vote, I think my tendency would be to put my chit in the Civilian box..... 😃

S4 = civilian, private venture flown by Supermarine test pilot Henri Biard

S5/6  military, flown by exclusively RAF personnel and given RAF serial numbers which implies at least some Govt. funding.  Italian entries similar.

On 6/23/2018 at 3:56 AM, rob Lyttle said:

Esp the S5! Surely the prettiest plane EVER!!

Nah, I reckon the S4 was pretttier, that mid mounted wing worked better aesthetically if not aerodynamically IMHO of course. :) 

Steve. 

• Like 1

Would they also consider some Macchis as companion ? The only mainstream kits I'm aware of are the ancient Smer née Artiplast 1/50 and Delta/Delta2 in 1/72, and they would make a gorgeous set up together. Incidentally, in case anyone is interested, the Ali on the Macchis has just been reprinted (I don't have the original but think it's a straight reprint), and I bought one at the Bancarella four weeks ago hot off the press.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Roger Holden said:

S4 = civilian, private venture flown by Supermarine test pilot Henri Biard

S5/6  military,

Okay, but now you've divided Mitchell's line of development into 2 separate categories. That can't be right.

The boundary isn't so clean when you get up close to it.

And these are right in the blurry bit.

On 6/28/2018 at 9:02 AM, tempestfan said:

Would they also consider some Macchis as companion ? The only mainstream kits I'm aware of are the ancient Smer née Artiplast 1/50 and Delta/Delta2 in 1/72, and they would make a gorgeous set up together. Incidentally, in case anyone is interested, the Ali on the Macchis has just been reprinted (I don't have the original but think it's a straight reprint), and I bought one at the Bancarella four weeks ago hot off the press.

SBS Models from Hungary also do a 1:72 Macchi MC72 which is light years ahead of the old Delta2 offering. It would be nice though to get some other Schneider Trophy contenders...

Peter

• Like 1