Airfix mirage III c canopy

SA80A2AR

it's probably not the best place to ask for something but has anyone got a spare mirage III c canopy for the airfix version of this aicraft?? i lost mine to the carpet monster.

Must be a greedy monster, as it’s a rather large part 😉 Sorry, I can’t help, and as the kit hasn’t been in production for some 25 years, you may need luck. Have you thought about a vac replacement, or a part from some other Mirage III ( which may be just as tough to source)?

yep it is a gready monster.  i think it was aided by the constant outward movement of my modeling desk!!  I did consider getting a aftermarket part but that could end up being more than i paid for the kit.  Package and post and all.  might resort to Ebay or amazon (again)😋

I'm assuming it's 1/72 scale? If so, and you can wait a bit, it looks like Hannants will have a canopy and mask coming in. It's not for Airfix but you might be able to get it to fit. And it's only £2.20. 

Here's the description and link:

"Dassault Mirage IIIC canopy and paint mask (designed to be used with AML kits)"

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AMLK7204

Good luck.

I was thinking of the same AML canopy but Timmas was quicker to post 😁

This set is also available directly from AML, may be worth checking if it's in stock. Of course when it comes to fitting on a kit parts that are designed for another kit some work may be required, but at least you don't have to buy a full kit

10 hours ago, tempestfan said:

Must be a greedy monster, as it’s a rather large part 😉 Sorry, I can’t help, and as the kit hasn’t been in production for some 25 years, you may need luck. Have you thought about a vac replacement, or a part from some other Mirage III ( which may be just as tough to source)?

It was out more recently (from 2009-2012, according to the Airfix Tribute Forum) as a starter set, so there could be hope. I bought one myself out of nostalgia, opened the box and discovered I'd forgotten how basic the kit is. I did build mine but I can imagine people getting it home, discovering what they'd bought and consigning it to the back of the cupboard.

it did say 2012 on the spruce and you are right it is very basic but you can make the outside look brill 

10 hours ago, AWFK10 said:

It was out more recently (from 2009-2012, according to the Airfix Tribute Forum) as a starter set, so there could be hope. 

Thanks for being corrected, and apologies for spreading misinformation! The starter sets rarely make it to Germany, that’s probably why it has escaped me.