Italeri 1:24 DAF 95 Canvas Truck with lights

Well, it's been a while since I added my DAF XF105 truck and trailer with lights (here) but I have still been looking for other truck kits to build and add lighting to. So I came across the Italeri 1:24 scale DAF 95 Canvas Truck (Chevrier) and it looked perfect for the job. Firstly I must say the kit was clean with minimum flashing and everything seemed to go together well. A few locations on the instructions were not too clear but saving those parts until later on sorted out any queries. 

I decided to go with my own paint job on this and came up with the design below. 

With my fascination for adding lights to everything, my next build is a 1:24 motorcycle kit. I am looking at adding lights to that, which could be my biggest challenge yet.

For some reason I cannot add any pictures to this post but the pictures of the finished build, WIP and video can be found HERE.

Thanks for looking, folks 👍

Edited by ukmodeller
Updated links
  • Like 10

On 5/3/2018 at 6:19 AM, JeroenS said:

Excellent build and I like your choice of colours very much!

Thanks, Jeroen

To be honest, I had a spare tin of gold spray that I wanted to use and one of my daughters helped me to choose the canvas colour. I am quite pleased with the signage colours too. They just came to me in a rare moment of inspiration.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:35 AM, mbdesignart said:

Tidy build, like the addition of the lights. I'm intrigued as to how you are going to add lights to a 1/24 bike too! Best of luck with it.

Thanks, MB.

The bike has a small fairing at the front so that should be ok. As for the indicators, that's a different story. I have a few idea's in mind but until I start I'm not sure if it will work. Alas, I like a challenge........

1 hour ago, Plastheniker said:

Clean work, spot-on colour choice, stunning light effect, great model!

Thanks. I really appreciate that. I wasn't totally convinced about the colour scheme but so far it seems people like it. 

Thanks, Brian. Appreciate your comment. I'm sure that you are amazed by how much these cabs have changed over the years? I've never had the chance to actually look around these cabs but looking at videos they look incredible with all the mod cons inside.

17 minutes ago, brianthemodeller said:

Your right about the mod cons - satellite TV, microwave & hob, fridge etc - and that was 20 years ago! I recall there was an owner driver who even took out the passenger seat and fitted a combined shower/toilet like you get in a caravan!

The thought about the shower made me laugh, thinking how I would manage to have a shower in one of those cabs with my 6ft 4inch frame............

I know some of the American owner drivers actually live in their rigs but they are like twice the length of the trucks here. How do they manage to power all of those accessories?