1/72 Trumpeter F-106B two seater!!

Corvi

Anyone see one of these yet?  I think they are out now.....  Quick review would be nice.

Nice to finally have a two seat Six in 1/72 scale!!   Now we need a 1/72 TF-102 too--Come on Meng!

Steve

I have two on order from Squadron.  Should be here by Saturday night.  Looking forward to it.

Later,

Dave

The F-106Bs have arrived!  Looks nice but I do have some nit picks with it.  The kit comes with the air refueling receptacle.  If you want to do an earlier aircraft without the receptacle, then quite a bit of filling and sanding will be required.  There is no spine piece for a pre-receptacle aircraft.  One of the decal choices is for an aircraft with buzz numbers and the IFR receptacle.  It seems to me that the buzz numbers had been done away with by the time they started putting in the IFR; September 1967 is when the IFR mod started according to the Detail and Scale book on the F-106.  The painting diagram for the 194th FIS aircraft of the California ANG shows the lower red stripe on the fin, but has the rest of the fin and rudder as gray and not white!  There may have been a brief transition period when they stilled had the red fin stripe and not the white fin and rudder, but I sort of tend to doubt it.  Every picture I have seen, and the few aircraft from the 194th I actually saw in person, had the white fin and rudder.  Oh, by the way, when they put it into afterburner for take off, it sounded like an explosion.  I remember it well!

Later,

Dave

• Like 1

And I thought that either Kinetic or Kitty Hawk were going to come out with a family of F-35s in 72nd.  Ain't seen hide nor hair of those either.  Also MIA is the Trumpeter 72nd MiG-19.  It was announced a few years back.

Later,

Dave

14 hours ago, e8n2 said:

And I thought that either Kinetic or Kitty Hawk were going to come out with a family of F-35s in 72nd.  Ain't seen hide nor hair of those either.  Also MIA is the Trumpeter 72nd MiG-19.  It was announced a few years back.

Later,

Dave

Tell me about it- been waiting for a new-tool Mig-19 for soooo long, now. Got to do a Pakistani AF one in  the 2-tone grey scheme!

Mike