Airfix Heinkel 111.///////////Finished///////////////////////

Morning folk's my entry comes by accident,I bought the kit last year thinking it was the earlier boxing with a BoB aircraft included and after the initial dissapointment

soon cheered up on opening the box to find Airfix had done it again with a superbly molded and detailed kit with a MTO scheme included in Sand over Blue which fit's

in well with this GB's criterior,just laying down a marker as I'v gone overboard as usual in a couple of GB's so nothing will start for a while.Sticking with the 1/72

theme I have a little Macchi 202 in the drawer by Italeri which might get an airing although if I can find an Italian based P-38 kit that would be a dead cert.

41801818182_5244b90a39_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Nice choice Steve, both kit and colour scheme.

Mind if I tag along?

Not at all Craig Welcome aboard

34 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I'll be looking in on this too, nice subject.

Steve.

Thank's Steve she is a cracking kit might be up to a month before I can crack on but I'll post the sprues next time I,m at the bench.

• Like 2

• Mike changed the title to Airfix Heinkel 111.
4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Looking forward to this one Steve.

Thank's Ozzy.

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Can't say those before me hadn't already taken words out of my mouth. Well... In that case there's more room for :popcorn:V-P

Cheer's V-P!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Nice choice Steve

Looking forward to following your build.

James

Cheer's James,day off today so I'll get a couple of sprue shot's posted if I can get the table cleared !

• Like 1

Hi folk's as promised a couple of shot's of what's in the box.Beautiful molding as we've come to expect from Airfix these day's.

41829504982_42768c3e15_b.jpg

I love that the windows can go in post painting.

41829498342_2b4a918ac8_b.jpg

And here's the proposedscheme.

40973624445_5810bf7928_b.jpg

• Like 7

Nice choice Steve,..... I`m sorely tempted by this kit myself, in order to make the torpedo bomber variant,...... looking forward to seeing how you get on and to see if you can tip me over the edge into buying one,.... although I think I can answer that one already,..... credit card is at the ready!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Nice choice Steve,..... I`m sorely tempted by this kit myself, in order to make the torpedo bomber variant,...... looking forward to seeing how you get on and to see if you can tip me over the edge into buying one,.... although I think I can answer that one already,..... credit card is at the ready!

Cheers

Tony

Cheer's Tony,yes get one every bit as good as the other recent airfix offering's and as an owner of the Revell1/32 kit there's nothing in that kit that's

not reproduced in the small scale in this one! Just wish I could start her but holding back for now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Franz75 said:

This new Airfix kit is very nice and well design. I'm looking forward to see it done, good luck.  

It is a beauty Franz,Welcome aboard.

Morning folk's,a little done earlier than expected the loft is too hot to work in so sneaked a half hour downstair;s while the missus is out and the only

thing to work on was this as no painting yet,this is the first three step's onthe instruction sheet,fit was outstanding to say the least and a dry run

revealed no sanding or trimming to get the fuselage joined it just clicked into a snug fit,this bodes well for the rest of the build.

41072412945_bd571252b5_b.jpg

• Like 11

Morning folk's cooler weather means the loft's more  useable  so while I had the paint out this morning I blasted the interior RLM02 base coat on

the relevent areas,I hadn't realised the Torpedo option on the sheet in the two green's over black was a Sicily based machine so now I'm thinking

of switching scheme's I love Luftwaffe splinter camo but we'll see.

41294739214_ba9641157f_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

Very nice start on what looks like a really comprehensive kit Steve. I too am tempted by this one every time I go into the LMS, off to the Glos IPMS show this weekend so you never know.....however the shopping list is quite long anyway!

Cheers, M.

• Like 1

Morning folk's,detailed as much of the interior as I feel it need's for now and buttoned up the fuselage sides,love the way Airfix have designed the kit

so that the cockpit and glazing can go on last.

40227741270_775fa8dee0_b.jpg

• Like 9