Airfix Heinkel 111.///////////Finished///////////////////////

21 minutes ago, Blitz23 said:

Really like that Steve, looks rather good!

Many thank's Blitz and just in time for an update,she's having her matt coat sprayed this afternoon,last job beforehand was adding the steering

yolk and harness of sort's made out of masking tape and visible on the tail the rudder bar which is a two part affair which feed's through a hole

in the tail.

27692930107_2470af90ae_b.jpg

• Like 7

Nice job Steve, I picked up the ICM kit at the Salisbury show. So will definitely using you thread as a reference.

• Like 2

Morning folk's,Matt coated now and time for that glazing! Bottom gondola fitted after painting the gun's in Tamiya gunmetal.

41921403194_a3d17a897c_b.jpg

And after a near disaster with a spilt liquid poly bottle the cockpit glazing painted and first part fitted and drying.I knocked over a bottle and

it spread to where some part's were laying,I had the kit in my hand and knew I couldn't save everything so grabbed the glazing and watched the

two torpedo's hit by a tsunami of glue,glad to say they are fine after drying.

40831696290_b00ac24d0c_b.jpg

• Like 11

Glad everything is safe after the incident with the glue! It all seems to be coming together nicely! 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Morning folk's I'm determined to get this one over the finish line now just four pieces of glazing to add which I've painted already,the windows were 

a tight fit but are now in place 10/10 Airfix for their method of fitting too.I'm very tempted to have a go at Revell's newer Ju88 to go with this one

I notice it has two Med based schemes.

42722869332_0bd2d41d62_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 15

8 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Morning folk's I'm determined to get this one over the finish line now just four pieces of glazing to add which I've painted already,the windows were 

a tight fit but are now in place 10/10 Airfix for their method of fitting too.I'm very tempted to have a go at Revell's newer Ju88 to go with this one

I notice it has two Med based schemes.

42722869332_0bd2d41d62_b.jpg

Looking really nice Steve, I think the Ju88 would go with it nicely 👍🏻

• Like 5

Superb work Steve,  have this kit in the BoB boxing (£20 from 'The Works' last year!), so been watching this with interest. Superb result with the panel line weathering, something I've yet to try doing over the whole airframe.

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Like 1

Very nice one.  You are almost done. Two little steps and it will be over, don't rush it, Ju 88 will wait 😄 .  Ones more it is very nicely done.  

• Like 1

Hi folk's,last job this morning was to add the Torpedo's and nose glass hope to get her in the gallery tomorrow.Thamk's for all the interest and support

over what for me has been a long build!

28081041927_14e0d865eb_b.jpg

• Like 12

Not being into wingy things so much, I've only just popped in to see your work Steve, but I'm glad I did.

My favourite WWII German bomber, wonderfully recreated. Superb finish, great colours and camo scheme. A real beauty.

Rearguards

Badder

ps,  A C47 Skytrain in D-Day markings flew over my house around lunchtime.

Really interesting build Steve, nice to follow the progress, I was surprised at the fit issues- the new Airfix kits seem so much better than the ones we are all used to.  Very interested to read about your weathering technique, I will have try it myself,  Thank you for showing us your build,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badder said:

Not being into wingy things so much, I've only just popped in to see your work Steve, but I'm glad I did.

My favourite WWII German bomber, wonderfully recreated. Superb finish, great colours and camo scheme. A real beauty.

Rearguards

Badder

ps,  A C47 Skytrain in D-Day markings flew over my house around lunchtime.

Many  Thank's  Badder I've got Revells I/48  kit of the Dakota in the stash after seeing it a few week's back I'm now thinking of an RAF scheme

for instead of the RAE scheme the sheet has two BBMF incarnation's on the sheet.

1 hour ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Really interesting build Steve, nice to follow the progress, I was surprised at the fit issues- the new Airfix kits seem so much better than the ones we are all used to.  Very interested to read about your weathering technique, I will have try it myself,  Thank you for showing us your build,

Thank's Colin I think I got the insert's too far back inside the nacelles which caused the issue's but still not a fan of the way they designed the wheelwell fit.

• Like 1