Airfix Heinkel 111.///////////Finished///////////////////////

10/10 Airfix for a quick response, E-mail at 9:am wanting batch number from kit,not sure they have the point of my query.

Dear Sir /Madam

Thank you for your e-mail.

We will require the batch /trace code of the kit you have purchased to help with your request.

This can be found on the rear of the product on an oblong white label.

Image of the white label attached.

This will speed up your request and help us improve the products .

Regards

Airfix spares.

I'll send the info required again making the point of the error might be lucky and get a spare decal sheet!

• Like 1

Likewise, at 11:34 (GMT +2) I got this:

Dear Sir, Thank you for your email, Please can you confirm the product code of the model in question, I will then look into this for you and confirm if it is incorrect. Kind Regards, etc.

I took the liberty of pointing out the matter although I haven´t bought that kit... yet, but will do that. V-P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Likewise, at 11:34 (GMT +2) I got this:

Dear Sir, Thank you for your email, Please can you confirm the product code of the model in question, I will then look into this for you and confirm if it is incorrect. Kind Regards, etc.

I took the liberty of pointing out the matter although I haven´t bought that kit... yet, but will do that. V-P

Hi VP I've just replied with the batch number hope this makes sense,

Hello Lynne,many thank's for your quick reply,the batch number is 5055288630956.

the issue is not really regarding replacement part's rather maybe to bring to the attention

of the design department the apparent error in the decal placement on the instruction sheet

a minor issue in the scale of thing's but modeller's can be stickler's for accuracy unless the

researcher of the kit scheme's has other information if it turns out they are wrong maybe

a little note of the website pointing out the correct placement.

regard's Steve.

I had a quick google of Airfix Heinkel H-6 not a lot out there but photos that are show the kit instruction's followed by

other modeller's.

Edited by stevej60

I browsed through Luftwaffe Research Group He 111 files and didn´t find a single photo of a plane with a reversed code, never seen such Ju 88 either, and I believe I´ve seen plenty of them... but as every kit must have at least one flaw, let´s be happy that it´s not with the plastic parts in this case! V-P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I browsed through Luftwaffe Research Group He 111 files and didn´t find a single photo of a plane with a reversed code, never seen such Ju 88 either, and I believe I´ve seen plenty of them... but as every kit must have at least one flaw, let´s be happy that it´s not with the plastic parts in this case! V-P

Totally agree VP,not a single photo shows the kit style of code even the sand/blue scheme has it the correct way round,can't fault the kit it's a 

beauty in every way but a shame if other's make the same mistake as me.

In the end it´s a mistake that´s rather difficult to spot if you´re not that into Luftwaffe. If the kit instructions had you putting the wings on opposite sides and up side down, that´d be totally different matter. Should they tell me to do likewise on my near future B-17, B-25 or A-20 builds, it would be ME to do just the same thing per the instructions :coolio:

• Like 1

Got a reply to say that's not the number there's another on the box which I've found and sent,reply sent to tell me that's not the whole number

needed sadly I think the point is being missed that I don't want a part replacing I wanted to let them know the error think I'll forget it now and just get on with modelling!

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Got a reply to say that's not the number there's another on the box which I've found and sent,reply sent to tell me that's not the whole number

needed sadly I think the point is being missed that I don't want a part replacing I wanted to let them know the error think I'll forget it now and just get on with modelling!

Sadly Steve blame is the name of the game these days, far too many people are without any real talent so rely on using the system & the approved method of doing things to survive & prosper, to acknowledge your observation would involve admitting there was a fault, so someone would have to be responsible which means someone would have to be responsible for them, we can't have that so lets just ignore the problem. Wow that turned into a bigger rant than I intended.

2 minutes ago, spaddad said:

Sadly Steve blame is the name of the game these days, far too many people are without any real talent so rely on using the system & the approved method of doing things to survive & prosper, to acknowledge your observation would involve admitting there was a fault, so someone would have to be responsible which means someone would have to be responsible for them, we can't have that so lets just ignore the problem. Wow that turned into a bigger rant than I intended.

True Dave, they've been promp to answer which is a lot more than most companies these day's just it's obvious from my first message that I wasn't after anything

just maybe the R'D folk's be put in the picture,anyway I've put a warning in WW2 aircraft discussion here so that's our fellow BM'rs warned when tackling this scheme.

• Thanks 1

It looks like I got the message better through:

"Dear Sir, Thank you for your email, I have just asked my colleagues in the Airfix research team and am waiting on a response for you. Unfortunately, the main two I need to speak to are not in the office until the 29th of May, so it may be the end of the month that I will hear back from them, but as soon as I do, I will contact you. Kind Regards,"

V-P

• Like 2

6 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

It looks like I got the message better through:

"Dear Sir, Thank you for your email, I have just asked my colleagues in the Airfix research team and am waiting on a response for you. Unfortunately, the main two I need to speak to are not in the office until the 29th of May, so it may be the end of the month that I will hear back from them, but as soon as I do, I will contact you. Kind Regards,"

V-P

Great VP,let's see what they come up with wonder what they're out scanning now? End of the month sound's like a trip abroad!

They are in Norway, scanning the Junkers Ju 88 under restoration there :whistle:. They are finally completing the Luftwaffe medium bomber trio with the early (pre Jumo 211 J) Ju 88 variants not yet available in 1:72 - C-2, C-4, A-1 and D-2. You can count on that as much as you can count on the fact that Finland will not lose a single match in the football World Cup this year. No, we didn´t make it in the qualification :coolio: . V-P

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Afternoon folk's little more done on the Heinkel,got the lower wing decal's on so soon time for a wash,started the glazing painting with the

lower gondola.

42319987922_ee049fc34e_b.jpg

• Like 8

Never really 100% on model factory's set of decals or painting scheme. Eduard printed on their instruction wrong  RAF B painting scheme. It happens. That is why some research is required, but some people likes to build a model just from the box as is. And they should be able to do it, without hassle.    

VERY NICE KIT Steve.  

Edited by Franz75
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 12:14 PM, vppelt68 said:

They are in Norway, scanning the Junkers Ju 88 under restoration there :whistle:. They are finally completing the Luftwaffe medium bomber trio with the early (pre Jumo 211 J) Ju 88 variants not yet available in 1:72 - C-2, C-4, A-1 and D-2. You can count on that as much as you can count on the fact that Finland will not lose a single match in the football World Cup this year. No, we didn´t make it in the qualification :coolio: . V-P

Wow seriously ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Yes, Finland was fifth in its group. And the Junkers- story was all fiction :oops:V-P

Or was it ?

• Haha 1

I ran into this little piece of information at Xtradecal set #72248 for Heinkel 111:s... glad to see that Airfix does its own research and doesn´t merely copy from others :rofl:. V-P

xtradecal

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi folk's,mixed a wash of desert sand with water and washing up liquid and sludged it on for an hour then removed with pieces of just damp

kitchen towel,she's got that sun baked look I wanted so I'll give another light rub over and after repeating on the underneath I can get her matt

coated and start the last lapwith the glazing which I've pre-painted already.

42518153061_64da3563b0_b.jpg

• Like 8