Beaufighter Gun Camera

Doug A Jones

Hi folks - inspired by the new Xtradecal 1/48 sheet X48188, I've decided to build SEAC Beaufighter TF Mk X, RD515.  This a/c has the gun camera mounted in a faired housing on the fuselage spine immediately behind the cockpit.  The Airfix 1/72 kit A05043 of the late TF.X shows the camera fitting I'm talking about.

This item is not provided in the Tamiya 1/48 TF.X kit so it's a scratchbuild job. I've done a lot of searching on the net but so far have failed to find a nice close up of the camera.  Plenty of distant ones, but nothing showing the front of the camera in particular.  If anyone could provide a photo or point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it

Cheers

Doug

Thanks Chris.  I have the SAM Datafile and failing all else that will provide an adequate profile and plan view to work from.  I'm just not sure what is in the rectangular opening in the front...presumably a circular camera lens if no better information comes to hand.  

Cheers

Doug

Only decent pics i have ,a bit blurry due to enlarging but should help a little on the shape of the aperture (which i vaguely remember reading  had a shutter on it- dont quote me on this and maybe someone with more knowledge may be along to help more.)

2ilone0.jpg

2n7fhhu.jpg

2gspyc0.jpg

Edited by Gwart
new img links.

Hi

it might be one of these ?

G 45 camera gun 

https://collection.sciencemuseum.org.uk/objects/co8417434/gun-camera-type-g-45-aerial-camera

or G 42 

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/walkaround/wk.php?wid=145

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry