Bandai 1/35 UC Hard Graph Code name 'CYCLOPS' set

23 minutes ago, Misrule said:

As I read it if your stuff is less that £20 you don't get charged, or if it is marked as a gift. Though I guess if you order from a business it'll be hard to say it's a gift from a friend or relative. If its more its a 20% base VAT on whatever you have, plus a rather unfair charge for checking. Been about £8-9 for my last couple but it could go up to £11 I think if you are unlucky. If you are buying a few small things it may work out better to send them separately so the total value is less than £20 per package. More postage but no customs charges so can work out cheaper. If you buy big things I just group them, its an expense but at least it is only once.

HLJ does a private warehouse service which helps a lot when it comes to grouping items for postage, good sturdy boxes too!

I understood the same thing upon further investigation.  The Armoured cars were all between 10 to 15 quid each and free shipping was included - even if I purchased them all separately.  Lesson learned there - I thought I was doing THEM a favour by bundling my orders together - but it nearly cost me dearly.  If I use them in the future I will order everything individually and they can cover all the shipping and save me the import cost.

• Like 4

m5f7NNW.jpg

Nothing particularly exciting. Most of the vehicle parts have had basic colours done, and i have done some highlights on the main body, which aren't exactly dramatic, although I'll bet they'll look different under natural light, as always. I don't feel like a small model like this suits a more complex system of highlights, the airbrush I use simply is too large.

Next up is detail painting.

• Like 5

Well, I just had a look on Amazon and found this little fella,

SD Gundam BB Senshi 218 MS-06F ZakuII F Type

41KFAB3ALuL._AC_US218_.jpg

Just 8.95 and post free from Japan.

I may just have to have a go.

BTW, they have the M61 Main battle tank at 91.00 pounds!

Interestingly it's back ordered at hlj but only 61 Euro's.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

That's one cute Zaku. Definitely need to build another at some point, maybe another HG from the Ground War set.

• Like 1

Today I'm going to try and finish off the base painting (Mostly touch-ups in areas of overspray) and then give the vehicle a coat of gloss varnish. 

pSyrjei.jpg

I did touch-ups and detail painting, then applied a gloss coat to regions where decals would go. I didn't want to get the airbrush out and do an overall gloss coat today, but that will be the next step.

kBZ4BdH.jpg

I applied decals as according to the instructions. All I really did differently was have three white lines on front instead of one, the two Zeon markings at the front, and a small caution stencil at the back. I am going to be hand-painting the instrument dials, as I prefer them in a grey-blue, like the radio, rather than plain green. Although it contrasts, I think it looks good.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Thud4444 said:

Wow! That looks great. Is that drybrushing around the cab?

Thanks. I've done no drybrushing here, I think it's how the light reflects on it.

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2018 at 4:04 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh, I also watched the Mobile Suit Gundam compilation movies, 08th MS team, War in the Pocket and the MS Igloo OVAs. I enjoyed them, even if I wish I had never watched the last episode of 08th MS Team.

1 hour ago, Sairou said:

even if I wish I had never watched the last episode of 08th MS Team.

Ah, the hunt for the missing Commander episode…..<_<

Similar to the very last 5 minute special episode of Gundam SEED (first series). Battle scarred veteran war hero teenager retires for a quiet life.

Yup, some episodes are definitely hit or miss….

Mart

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LotusArenco said:

Ah, the hunt for the missing Commander episode…..<_<

Similar to the very last 5 minute special episode of Gundam SEED (first series). Battle scarred veteran war hero teenager retires for a quiet life.

Yup, some episodes are definitely hit or miss….

Mart

Yup. Without spoiling the ending, I felt let-down on a subconscious level of the Romeo/Juliet narrative not ending in the way it should.

You are talking about the epilogue right? Not Miller's Report?  I liked the ending it wasn't as heavy as 0080 or Zeta. Or as rage inducing as 0083. It was nice. But I do completely understand your displeasure. 

If you want a more story accurate ending check out the re imagined manga. I honestly can't remember the fate of the main characters because the changes to the other characters were so cruel. For example Kiki really pays for the decisions in the village at the end. It's awful. 

As far as SEED goes, that's one controversial series!  The more I learn about it, the weirder it gets 

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 1

Origin is worth a watch, sort of a grand prequel that explains the build up to the war and the story of the big players in it. Quite a lengthy story and ongoing, the latest release was the opening of the war itself with some suitably massive space battles.

Thunderbolt is worth a look too, though it is quite a grim story 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

You are talking about the epilogue right? Not Miller's Report?  I liked the ending it wasn't as heavy as 0080 or Zeta. Or as rage inducing as 0083. It was nice. But I do completely understand your displeasure. 

If you want a more story accurate ending check out the re imagined manga. I honestly can't remember the fate of the main characters because the changes to the other characters were so cruel. For example Kiki really pays for the decisions in the village at the end. It's awful. 

As far as SEED goes, that's one controversial series!  The more I learn about it, the weirder it gets 

Yup, the last episode. I probably won't watch Miller's Report.

1 hour ago, Misrule said:

Origin is worth a watch, sort of a grand prequel that explains the build up to the war and the story of the big players in it. Quite a lengthy story and ongoing, the latest release was the opening of the war itself with some suitably massive space battles.

Thunderbolt is worth a look too, though it is quite a grim story 

I'll definitely check out Origin, my main interest at the moment are the series set during or before the One Year War.

• Like 1

I'd say Thunderbolt too then as it is set in the final stages of the war but in a different location to the main show. More of a revenge and destruction theme to it but has some good duels and the place where they fight is the ruins of some destroyed colonies which are quite chilling and very dangerous with all the debris and junk floating around.

• Like 3