1/32 Trumpeter Mig-21 VNAF number 5121

I built this kit long ago, after done build the mig 21 in 1/48 scale, i really like this aircraft so i decided to go for the bigger scale. Lucky for me Trumpeter have the 1/32 scale and this is huge. It have metal nose cone, metal landing gear, very nice but the metal is brittle if you dont treat it with care. A small tips for Trumpeter metal part is that you have to dip the part in super glue and let it dry for a day, so it wont be oxidized and break. And this kit come with and engine with lots of details. I decided to take the engine out to show off the engine.

I paint with Ammo Mig Aluminum color. And masking the panel in the wings and paint with darker shade of Aluminum to break the mono-tone of the color.

The marking is after market decal of the Vietnamese Airforce and the number 5121 is the aircraft of famous pilot Pham Tuan - who shot down the first B-52 in Vietnam war.

Here is the video how i build the kit :  YouTube link removed. Read the post in announcements 

And here is the photos of the model :

IMG_2571

IMG_2573IMG_2577IMG_2578IMG_2579IMG_2580IMG_2581IMG_2582IMG_2583IMG_2584IMG_2586IMG_2588IMG_2589IMG_2595IMG_2596

• Like 25