1/48 Hasegawa P-47 Thunderbolt

I built this kit oob , the kit coming along very nice , minimal fitting. I have the problem when i masking to paint over the decal, when i take the masking tape out it rip the decal :( i have to masking again and the decal is brittle and very thin, the most time consuming part is the decal. 

I use Ammo Mig Aluminum color for the whole aircraft and masking panel on the wing and paint with different shade of metal to break the mono-tone of the color.

Overall this kit is very nice and easy to build, beware of the thin and brittle decal .

Here is the video how i build the model : 

Youtube link removed

And here is some photos of the model :

Spoiler

20180205122111_IMG_2646-01

20180205122042_IMG_2645-0120180205122029_IMG_2644-0120180205121951_IMG_2641-0120180205121838_IMG_2639-0120180205121524_IMG_2635-0120180205121508_IMG_2634-01

• Like 27

Basically a sound build, but the airbrushed dark streaks over the wing panel joints and, especially, over the cooling gills area don't have anything to do with realism. If the black smudging around the back of the  Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp cowling is supposed to be exhaust marks, the engine did in fact exhaust under the belly, just below the star-and-bar national insignia, after the exhaust gases had driven the engine turbosupercharger. 😉

Also, the wing guns point in different directions. 😄 You've been in a bit of a hurry, perhaps?

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spitfire31 said:

Basically a sound build, but the airbrushed dark streaks over the wing panel joints and, especially, over the cooling gills area don't have anything to do with realism. If the black smudging around the back of the  Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp cowling is supposed to be exhaust marks, the engine did in fact exhaust under the belly, just below the star-and-bar national insignia, after the exhaust gases had driven the engine turbosupercharger. 😉

Also, the wing guns point in different directions. 😄 You've been in a bit of a hurry, perhaps?

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank you , the dark streak over the wing i think its alittle unreal too , but because the panel line is very shallow, i thought it would make the panel line look deeper , and the cooling grills streak is that i want to hide the broken decal , because that place i have to masking and painting yellow color because the decal was tear of. it have some different thickness to i think it will hide the error.And i did have to rush to model a little bit :D i will be more careful in the next build. thank you so much !

I also built this bird. I want to send you to a page that I found when doing research for this aircraft. I’m glad I did find it before my build.

http://www.512thfightersquadron.com/l3-o.htm

• Like 1

I think this is a really nice looking aircraft, there is always something special about bare metal aeroplanes, and you obviously have some skill but there are a few areas where you could improve in future. I think you need to be more patient with the decals as some of them aren't straight and don't line up correctly. Similarly, some of the additional components aren't quite straight. The fuel tank, for example, isn't straight and I'm not quite sure about the bomb on the starboard wing, it looks like it doesn't line up with the other wing. Overall though, you have created a nice little aeroplane.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pipthepilot said:

I think this is a really nice looking aircraft, there is always something special about bare metal aeroplanes, and you obviously have some skill but there are a few areas where you could improve in future. I think you need to be more patient with the decals as some of them aren't straight and don't line up correctly. Similarly, some of the additional components aren't quite straight. The fuel tank, for example, isn't straight and I'm not quite sure about the bomb on the starboard wing, it looks like it doesn't line up with the other wing. Overall though, you have created a nice little aeroplane.

Thank you for your advice , i will try to improve my skill in the future, your opinion will help me , thank you so much !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I went to that page and selected the bird in it its later iteration when it had changed props, and the Angie name had been removed. It wasn't flown by the original pilot then, but it still had the girl painted on it, and the OD wing and tail was apparently on it almost since it was new.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 2:02 PM, Habu12 said:

Thanks! I went to that page and selected the bird in it its later iteration when it had changed props, and the Angie name had been removed. It wasn't flown by the original pilot then, but it still had the girl painted on it, and the OD wing and tail was apparently on it almost since it was new.

Yours look unique ! i really like it !

• Thanks 1