1/35 Maus V2

This is a 1/35 Maus V2 Takom kit,I have built quite a few from this Manufacturer and find them very good kits,this was a simple build,only the running gear took sometime and was a little fiddly,the tracks are so nice it's a shame you can not see them,(This Tank weighed in at 188 tons,was 10 m long 3.67 wide,3.63 high,thickness was 250mm at its thickest,armed with a 12.8cm KwK 44L/71 gun,could destroy AFV at a range of 3,500 m,it had a 1200HP diesel engine that move it at 20k/p/h).I've seen many versions of this kit,but this is how I always want to depict it,as it is kind of like a big blank canvas,saw something similar in a mag and wanted to duplicate it,the cloth on the side is whats left of nocturnal camouflage,somethings on the tank are not what it should be,I added extra fuel tanks to the back and I used a wet paint to the big fuel tank to give it the look of spilt fuel,the chain on the side is from a cuckoo clock(yes from the Black Forest in Germany where else!!)I did make up some cable to go down the side but this tank is so big it did not look good to scale,I thought the chain made a good balance,though mind you I do not think anything could tow it?  I'm sorry to those who like a clean tank,but I've always wanted to go a little over the top with some weathering.I added one pic with a Stug III just to show the size of this Tank.Cheers.

tn_000ce8bf-aa27-49a8-91f7-f6d8fac6aba6.tn_2eb37d3f-7bcb-4c43-b989-e8e318415ccb.tn_45420ad9-e338-445b-91a1-fbda58ab8ab6.tn_147f3675-26c8-4c7e-8545-94e694442ee0.tn_ad80f147-3185-42e4-ad50-b6cb31a94f91.tn_04bdbb59-613a-4db7-b556-082a27490533.tn_d45b73b0-f938-4015-b62c-dcc0ee6d3b03.tn_f7fe886a-ac56-4279-ad89-2a1d14db810c.tn_bb91fefd-f05f-41ac-964a-70a0e95c8672.

• Like 24

Jim, do you sleep?

I'm amazed at the quantity as well as the quality you produce. I'm not a tanky person, but you've got to be fascinated by this monster.

It looks great to me, not over weathered at all (probably wouldn't fit through a car wash so it would have been very grubby).

I think it would be good to put a figure on it to show how monstrous it is.

I'm pretty sure you can do figures Jim.

• Thanks 1

Hi Jim. Well that's stunning! What a beast! Superbly painted and weathered. Very well done. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Thanks 1

If this thing had actually been used in battle, I doubt if being in parade ground condition would have been high on the priority list. Nice job on the weathering Jim.

John.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Gorby said:

Jim, do you sleep?

I'm amazed at the quantity as well as the quality you produce. I'm not a tanky person, but you've got to be fascinated by this monster.

It looks great to me, not over weathered at all (probably wouldn't fit through a car wash so it would have been very grubby).

I think it would be good to put a figure on it to show how monstrous it is.

I'm pretty sure you can do figures Jim.

Thanks Gorby(sleep whats that?) and you did mention about a figure and wash,Hope this helps.

tn_af263212-5f35-4c40-b26f-6e8585ba8e9e.tn_7f3efcda-2f86-4efd-8772-9bf753af8aab.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Jim. Well that's stunning! What a beast! Superbly painted and weathered. Very well done. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks Stix always enjoy your input,glad you like,Cheers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

If this thing had actually been used in battle, I doubt if being in parade ground condition would have been high on the priority list. Nice job on the weathering Jim.

John.

Thanks John,it's kind of a parade on it's own,Cheers.

14 hours ago, mick said:

great work

Thanks Mick.

Hi Jim, quite a monster and I like it! :thumbsup:

Great work, weathering spot on and I like all the little additions. Sure there must be a joke somewhere about washing lines on the side of the turret and Herman forgetting to fetch it in before it's too late. :tumble:

Yours isn't the first time I've read about the running gear being a bit fiddly. Is it really awful or just a bit tricky?

Keep up the great work, always a pleasure to have look. Any chance of a few pics of the Stug? :star:

Cheers Darryl 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Jim, quite a monster and I like it! :thumbsup:

Great work, weathering spot on and I like all the little additions. Sure there must be a joke somewhere about washing lines on the side of the turret and Herman forgetting to fetch it in before it's too late. :tumble:

Yours isn't the first time I've read about the running gear being a bit fiddly. Is it really awful or just a bit tricky?

Keep up the great work, always a pleasure to have look. Any chance of a few pics of the Stug? :star:

Cheers Darryl 

Thanks Darryl,I never thought of it looking like cloths line,"Good thought"the running gear and tracks are fine just fiddly.The Stug was built over 2 years ago,it is a Tamiya kit, and it sits on a open shelf in the garage,I just used it as an example for size,but as they say ask and you will recieve,so I put it through the same wash as the Maus Cheers.

tn_358e4210-77be-44e8-b961-d07ebd53d60a.tn_96c86314-2edd-46d5-9406-133ff123d2f0.tn_2bef5ee0-caef-482d-be50-92b421ef8d79.tn_43720534-26e7-408d-ae47-cdc1e7600b4d.tn_9f510d17-e38a-4c0d-a41e-9eb70411e355.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Excellent work, it's certainly got that "a few miles on the clock" look.

I think your man might need a pair of step ladders!

Pete

Thanks Pete,I know you can not see it but there is a cherry picker he will use for the high spots😉,Cheers. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Even though the Maus is not from my favorite AFVs, the work you've done with it, it's great, I really like the softening of the dunkelgelb over the red layer below. :goodjob:

Cheers Jim 👍

Cheers,Thanks Francis.

• 5 weeks later...

Great work Jim, don't like paper panzers but this one was close to seeing action , am planning on building one in a dio crushing a Russian tank ...unbelivable but so is the tank.

• Thanks 1