Corsair's Me. 262 Schwalbe

Corsairfoxfouruncle

Nice coming 262. I would just say the edges of the camo on the fuselage are too hard. I did the same with my fw190 R-11 and still regret it because I couldnt soften the edges with weathering as juch as I hoped. That said, the rest looks good and it will all come to life once you weather it. 

Greetings TC

• Thanks 1

Looking good . I do like the foil work .I have used Alclad aluminium  for mine and it now looks dull compared to yours .

If in future you want some more contrast between paint colours you could use a little yellow to lighten up a green or black to darken a grey etc as it enables you to change your contrast small notch at a time , and of course saves having to have so many bottles of paint . I am a firm believer in mixing my own colours .

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Twentecable said:

Nice coming 262. I would just say the edges of the camo on the fuselage are too hard

Yeah they are hard. The more i think about it this was used hard as a test airframe and might have been repainted/touched up at points. So I mixed hard and soft edges with the splinter. I will be weathering today as i attached all the antennas, landing gear, and exterior equipment last night. 

Dennis

PS - Photos will be posted of all later tonight. 

• Like 1

Hello Everybody .. Many applogies for the lack of posts, life getting in the way and all. I was finally able to get the majority of the fiddly bits on and do some weathering. It still needs a flat coat but that will come later in the week. Heres where V056 sits right now. 

0H1EEs0.jpg

19mDrGK.jpg

WRTv44F.jpg

I had to scrounge the V056 from various sources thus the size variation. I can live with it as im not competing anymore. 

tlXNXi3.jpg

The two vertical blade antennas on the port wing are just flat plastic strip cut to shape and painted. I had the whiskers left over from another kit and they worked out. The loop on the spine and the Drop tanks are from eduard kits that were spare.

bnQ60lD.jpg

I know poor photo but its late and i wanted to post something 😉. As usual questions, comments, or jokes ? 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Does anyone know if there is a 1/72nd-1/76th scale Kettenkraftrad ? I think this would look good in a little vignette being towed. 

Hi Dennis academy had a 1/72 set of ww2 light vehicles which had a kettenkraftrad in it. Its available in the UK not sure about the USA thou. Nick

2018-06-13_07-08-14

Edited by Niknak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well done Dennis, she looks great. :thumbsup:

She was an odd aircraft that was used for lots of tests and it's nice to see her being built. I can sense a wee diorama in the planning here?

25 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

She was an odd aircraft that was used for lots of tests and it's nice to see her being built. I can sense a wee diorama in the planning here

Thanks Rich yes im thinking of a small dio/vignette. But thats probably long term unless i get lucky and find a small vehicle to tow the 262. On the other hand the plane is actually done. I just need to photograph it and post it up in the Gallery. 

• Mike changed the title to Corsair's Me. 262 Schwalbe
19 hours ago, Twentecable said:

Looking good, will you give your plane a wash?

Hmmm ... Never used a complete wash on a model before. Ive used some here already for weathering in cockpits, gear bays, stuff like that. Maybe i will do an entire wash ? Have to figure out how to make one though ? 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

On 15/06/2018 at 19:27, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hmmm ... Never used a complete wash on a model before. Ive used some here already for weathering in cockpits, gear bays, stuff like that. Maybe i will do an entire wash ? Have to figure out how to make one though ? 

Dennis

Hi Dennis I see you finished this one. Easiest way is putting on gloss laquer first. Then make a wash of oil colours, smear the wash on the plane, let it dry for an hour or two and then wipe it gently off with a cloth...

Ofcoarse there are more, refined techniques but this one works.

Gr Tc

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2018 at 6:24 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello everyone Im calling this done. Please check the Gallery or the Aviation RFI Area.

Dennis

for some reason my final comments didn't post on the completion of your build, I do apologise about that......it's not the first time I've had post disappear....I blame old age! :D

She does look great and quite odd as well with the mix of antennas she had. It's nice to see one of the test aircraft in the build, often they're forgotten about in STGB's, so it was nice to see you going for something different.

It was great to have you along and I do hope you enjoyed yourself.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

for some reason my final comments didn't post on the completion of your build, I do apologise about that......it's not the first time I've had post disappear

Ive had it happen a few times over the last few months myself. Im thinking its possible a glitch exists in the main computer that handles the forum. But then again it could just be me thats the problem. Thanks for the kind words and i did enjoy the group build. I try to always go with oddball aircraft as its a conversation starter. 

Dennis