Italeri 1/48 Harvard

Hi, 

I thought I'd re-position my Harvard MkII kit build here.  Previous can be found at... https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235033758-harvard-mkii/&tab=comments#comment-2951303

The goal is to replicate the Harvard my grandfather flew solo in in Moose Jaw Canada, pic here...  

41094623394_405d4b58f8_k.jpgIMG_20180306_192215 by Henry Smith, on Flickr 

Currently all seems to be going well.  I purchased myself an airbrush and am testing out different paint methods on an old B24 wing.  Never really used an airbrush before so I'm still trying to fathom it all.  I'm also still trying to decide on the final colour.  On the wingtip edge of the pic below there is Xtracolor Insignia Yellow (X106) and slightly inset is Xtracolr Trainer Yellow (X011).  I am tilting towards Insignia Yellow as I prefer the slightly brighter/orangey hue rather than the more pastel Trainer Yellow.  Very little difference however.  

40912455995_ccec6af0f3_k.jpgIMG_20180430_221957 by Henry Smith, on Flickr 

Anyway, still time to change my mind.  Undercoat on and tried my hand at pre-shading last weekend.  No idea what effect this will have in the end but was fun trying.  Current progress as follows...  

40912456675_99250e918d_k.jpgIMG_20180430_221822 by Henry Smith, on Flickr 

Henry 

Edited by Henners
Trying to sort the embedded photos
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Looking very nice.

Although it is difficult at first, you should try to get thinner lines for shading. I have found that yellow is quite a difficult colour to paint over pre-shading so I tend to use grey instead of black for shading under bright colours.

• 4 months later...