Lat 32* 05'N Long 23* 59'N Finished

Not a lot of modelling done today, i spent the day after the beach trying to master paddle boarding. I've got to say I didn't stay dry for long.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

ive had a week away with work, while I was there I stumbled across this little gem. If your ever in Toulouse, it well worth a visit. Plenty of variety and enough stock for an impulse buy, I picked up a Tamiya SAS jeep kit.

image.jpg

• Like 4

i finished off painting the figures, around the table we have Germans, Commandos, LRDG and a local. I had a Dremel for my Birthday so thought I'd give its first outing, I drilled holes at the front to accommodate the trees. I will build up a slight bank for them all to sit on. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Looking very busy and impressive Ozzy! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

i have some maps to go on the table, I've added some Jerry cans in the 15cwt. I just need to workout what's been loaded onto the back of the truck, I dry brushed and weathered the figures today in between jobs.

• Like 1

Bit late coming to the table here but this looks seriously impressive! I built the Airfix boxing of the 15 cwt earlier in the year for my recovery diorama. Seeing as how the vehicle had gone over a cliff, I didn't need to worry too much about the alignments of the chassis - in fact I deliberately misaligned it to represent damage :)

DSC_0073.JPG&key=e3ca2a6e7a2502e499c2f6b

You can see the build thread here:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Just caught up.....This has come along beautifully, love the layout of the diorama, it looks spot on.  :coolio:

Thanks Sarge,

its all coming together like a good A-Team plan.

12 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Bit late coming to the table here but this looks seriously impressive! I built the Airfix boxing of the 15 cwt earlier in the year for my recovery diorama. Seeing as how the vehicle had gone over a cliff, I didn't need to worry too much about the alignments of the chassis - in fact I deliberately misaligned it to represent damage :)

DSC_0073.JPG&key=e3ca2a6e7a2502e499c2f6b

You can see the build thread

Thanks Killisti,

it was good to see your build in the flesh at the Salisbury Show, I was the chap great interest in the figures. As there aren’t many British Desert figure sets about, I’m hoping to enter the finished article in the open competition at the Salisbury show.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

:worthy: WOW ... Thats got some really good detail.

45 minutes ago, Davek72 said:

Very impressive indeed.  Well done.

Thanks Guys,

its been a very enjoyable build, it's been a nice change to build wheeled vehicles.

That is brilliant, I'm impressed to pieces. You've got some wonderful action & atmosphere going on there, as well as some sublime modelling on display, I'd love to be able to see it in person but your photography does pretty well as an alternative. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

That is brilliant, I'm impressed to pieces. You've got some wonderful action & atmosphere going on there, as well as some sublime modelling on display, I'd love to be able to see it in person but your photography does pretty well as an alternative. :)

Steve.

Thanks for your kind comments Steve, any time your in Salisbury UK feel free to pop in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveyGair said:

Lots going on and lots to see, great work my friend, but, are the guys scruffy enough? 🙂

:goodjob:

Davey

Thanks Davey,

hope your well, it’s a scene your Bishop would look at home in. It was a most enjoyable build something I was looking forward too, at this point the chaps had been in the desert for just over a week, so a light scruffy ness is required. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Thanks Davey,

hope your well, it’s a scene your Bishop would look at home in. It was a most enjoyable build something I was looking forward too, at this point the chaps had been in the desert for just over a week, so a light scruffy ness is required. 

Very well thank you, just knackered every day looking after grandkids, the main reason I can't be bothered half the time to get some modelling done.

Yes, the Bishop resides in the PVC box of doom in the loft at the moment, but I will return to it soon...… 🙄

Davey

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy, I've been popping in for a look now and then but thought I'd save my comments until your dio was finished.

It's superb. Very busy, full of lovely details. The mix of troops and civillians and their interaction is believable. It looks like there's actually stuff going on. I really like the way the dio is laid out with the restricted views through the palms, alleyways and between the buildings. There are so many different angles, each setting up its own little vignette. I can't help feel that actually I am a spy working for the Axis forces!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Ozzy, I've been popping in for a look now and then but thought I'd save my comments until your dio was finished.

It's superb. Very busy, full of lovely details. The mix of troops and civillians and their interaction is believable. It looks like there's actually stuff going on. I really like the way the dio is laid out with the restricted views through the palms, alleyways and between the buildings. There are so many different angles, each setting up its own little vignette. I can't help feel that actually I am a spy working for the Axis forces!

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

yeah im pleased with the figures their poses work really well, there was a little plastic surgery on some and the spares box was raided to get new legs for those in seated positions. My biggest success is the air drying clay didn't shrink, that was my biggest worry. I had the idea to look through the trees after seeing a clip on a documentary, I thought it would be a unique way of displaying a moment in time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Awesome diorama!

Great work from start to finish, very well done.

Thanks Modelling minion,

i tend not to have much luck with wheeled vehicles, as they tend to turn out a little wonky. Cutting the buildings in half worked really well, I'm impressed that the pot of Iraqi sand I painted the base with actually isn't far off the colour of actual Iraqi sand.

• Like 1

There's so much to look at, it's a really engaging diorama. My favourite part is the guy painting the cross on the truck.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CliffB said:

Superb work and I particularly like the voyeuristic close-up photos taken through the scenery :goodjob:

Thanks Cliff,

thats the the look I was after, to add a bit of mystery to the scene.

6 hours ago, Ted said:

There's so much to look at, it's a really engaging diorama. My favourite part is the guy painting the cross on the truck.

Thanks Ted,

luckly the 8th Army set I had allowed for some realistic poses, the arms are off Dragons SAS crew. The paint brush I made out of some brass tube and real paint brush hair, so a usable paint brush.

• Like 1