Takom IDF Tiran 4

Thanks Richard

I'll have to try to tone down that semi-gloss look a bit but yes the washes make it less monochrome.

Sure hope the Jets can figure out the Knights but I'm rather nervous about it. Vegas is on a roll and it will be a tough series and they have had lots more rest

than Wpg.

Lloyd

Thanks Chris

Thanks Hewy

Some subtle dust and dirt yet and call it done.

Sure makes that "one shot, one kill" idea real when you compare this to the Leo and Abrams.  Don't even have to waste ammo, just

run over it. These and the T-55s are still in service, either brave or foolhardy crews.

Take care,

Lloyd

That really is looking excellent Lloyd. Only problem is; I haven't got one of these in the stash, and looking at how great your's looks, I can feel a bit of online shopping coming on!

Kind regards,

Stix

great work.... any chance you could take some close ups of the rear deck and the fender "stowage"?? need some ideas for my TAS-44M and thinking Warsaw Pact would have taken inspiration from the Motherland

interested in this build, seems like a descent kit... have the version with complete interior, thinking about how to present it... 

the build looks pretty straightforward and really nice, also with the colors and washes applied. Only thing I don't really like are the ejectionmarks on the spare tracks...

Here it is pretty much finished.  Managed to get the ejection marks off of the spare track links, missed them. Geez, I see I missed one yet on the spare link on the

left rear fender.  That one may just stay for posterity.

It's a little dusty but not too dirty.  Added a little chipping around the turret hatches and grab irons but didn't go too far. This captured tank is almost brand new

as the mould lines aren't even worn off the rubber tires yet. I believe quite a few were abandoned by their crews and the Israelis just scooped them up.

My first T-54/T-55 build and I think there's more coming.

LktfSB0.jpgiIIackf.jpgAQyVj2u.jpgtNhDHi8.jpgWDCKmAg.jpgG7P2ymt.jpgFEaNlb3.jpgLktfSB0.jpgHJ1hqzv.jpgMFw5e2M.jpg

• Like 3

Good job Lloyd. Can you make next Timo one photo with camera lower so the wheels are more visible please? I quite like this type of suspension on Russian tanks. 

nice looking update. And you are right , start one T-54/55 and you are lost. Just great little kits fun to build and with sufficient detail  out of the box. Although there seem to be inaccuracies in the running gear, I don't bother at all.

Kris B

Here are some pics of the wheels and tracks as requested. Like I said this tank was brand new when captured as the center moulding lines aren't

even worn off the rubber tires.  I've read that some of them had only about 20kms on the odometers.

Lloyd

BEE70tQ.jpgrlSrWcZ.jpgF0kNWAw.jpg

Thanks Soeren

Takom has some nice T-55s and a T-54B that looks good too.

I think my next attempt will be an IDF Merkava MK IV with the Trophy system ala Meng's new kit (TS036 I think).  This one has anti-skid

in place so I don't have to screw it up like on that Merkava III I ruined a while back.

Take care,

Lloyd