SHARK ! Blue Water, White Death - Pegasus Hobbies Great White Shark

I started this last November and got side tracked by a load of resin sci-fi stuff. This is the Pegasus Hobbies Great White Shark diver and dive cage diorama set which is supplied and I guess intended to be displayed as per the box lid artwork with the diver seeking shelter behind bars as a great white passes by - with a choice of a dormant open jaw or attacking biting jaw forward head poses.

I don't have the final end result ready yet - there is a lot more to add to the water splashes. The clear mastic has to be added in thin layers or it wont dry quickly or hold its shape while drying. I may peel the mastic water off the jumping shark off and start again if I cannot build up on it. I have to paint the divers hair and add some facial features too, along with touching up the blood around the jaws of the shark that has pushed its way up into the damaged shark cage

If you like the idea of having a go at this kit, get one while you can as it was a short run production and wont be around for ever. Mine cost around £35 2 years ago and I can safely say that I have had twice as much value in enjoyment building this model so far - an investment of a difference and thoroughly enjoyable.

DSCF7261

DSCF7262

DSCF7270

DSCF7275

The spare head being assembled for another use rather than discard it

DSCF7278

DSCF7271

DSCF7272

Trimmed down dive cage - I wanted to create an image of the cage being forced up out of the water from beneath by the other shark using the spare unused shark head

DSCF7274

DSCF7279

Below is the diver assembled as supplied in the kit - I had to cut his arms and legs about to get a posture that could be used to reflect him being snapped up as he left the cage trap door

DSCF7273

alterations to the figure

DSCF7281

DSCF7291

the 3 main components of the diorama nearing assembly completion last November

DSCF7284

I used a mixture of Alcad II and various Vallejo model colour and model air to airbrush and hand paint the assembly

DSCF7660

DSCF7661

DSCF7665

DSCF7666

5mm thick hardwood used as a base

DSCF7667

Making a stencil template for the body of the lurking shark of which I only had the head and jaw section

DSCF7668

Stencil applied to the 3 layers of plastic laminate I had left over as spare shed window panels

DSCF7669

DSCF7670

DSCF7671

These 3 clear laminate panels were used to provide depth to the clear water above the depth of the lower sea colour

DSCF7672

adding a reflection of the cage

DSCF7673

DSCF7674

DSCF7677

DSCF7678

DSCF7681

IMG-20180429-WA0000 (002)

IMG-20180429-WA0002 (002)

IMG-20180429-WA0004 (002)

IMG-20180429-WA0006 (002)

• Like 9