Where has the Right click hold and sweep Quote facility gone ?

I used to be able to highlight as many words as I needed with right click/hold and sweep to words I wanted and Quote would appear instead of the whole post with the Quote button. Its not working now , for me anyway. Is it me or the system ? Its annoying and saves having to delete most of a comment to get what I want to highlight and get the poster's attention, saves space too.

I'd like to highlight Gettysburg and not the whole address ! Thanks

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 2

It should still be working, although it now says "Quote selection" instead of quote this.  I've just used it now, as can be seen below.  Try having a clear of your cache, restart your device and see if that sorts it out :)

16 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

ment to get what

Thanks Mike.... Where do I empty the cache ? Its so long, years since I did it I can't remember. Is it internet options in the Tools dropdown ?  BTW I've had this problem for at least a week and thought (really, I did ) it would go away !

Pffff.... what's your browser?  If it's Firefox (I use this) just click here about:preferences#privacy and then click "clear all data" under the Site Data heading :) Chrome you click here and I'm afraid IE is a mystery to me, and Safari isn't something I could even try as I don't have a single Apple device in the house/family.  Unless you consider a Granny Smith an Apple device :clown:

• Like 1

I'm on IE at least 10 ish I haven't got the C Cleaner loaded.. Whats that ?

7 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

C Cleaner loaded.. Whats that ?

It's a piece of software that does a bit to keep your PC clear of junk, and a bit more secure, however don't get too complacent, as if you've done anything dodgy it'll have been saved by your ISP or the NSA :wacko:

• Haha 2

Still not working. Emptied the cache and restarted. I've got IE 11 btw.

Try using Firefox or Chrome instead.  I suspect Internet Explorer is prone to not being compatible with the internet, and as such folks tend to use it to download other browsers and then never use it again :shrug:

• Like 1

I had exactly the same problem on Internet Explorer. Loaded up Chrome and it's sorted the problem. It also sorted another problem on here, and that was some people's photos wouldn't open up, just got the little black crosses. Now fine. Try Chrome.

John.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, Bullbasket said:

Now fine

It came back ! Didn't do a thing. It now says "Quote Selection" (Black letters in a white box instead of the previous "Quote " ( White letters in a Black box) or was it Quote this ? Anyway its back !

Can't take any responsibility for that - it was probably just IE updating itself.  Please give consideration to swapping browsers though, as IE has a long and bloody history of not working very well with the internet. :hmmm: That might sound strange for an internet explorer, but they just don't seem to be capable of making their browser work with ratified internet standards, or newer technology that's being used to display web pages.  The best use for IE is to download a new browser ;)

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mike. As far as I know I'm not having any other problems . I have Chrome and use it sometimes . I don't find it quicker though . It takes an age to ramp up so I can use it.