newbie to site... so very,very impressed re posts, but

SabreBat

a newbie such as 'I'  has found initial access to anything... is a lame-bottom time consuming non-direct to...

hey... case in point... 'i' made a site cyber inquiry.. 'how to post a pic'

regarding which , if found... lead to a multi-page lame-bottom outdated since '16... 9 pages of since... 

hey... I am seriously impressed... by the awareness of, by the contributors to, & by the info that has expanded my database.. via this site.

-but...

I've experinced...

this site has NOT created a 'primary advisory critical topic' > such as > 'How to post a pic here'

that is current and usable... on the day anyone wants to visit/use/contribute to your site.

No one finding this site wants to follow the 9 pages that I experienced... of dated rambling useless posts regarding, in the end still viewing clueless awareness... ???

Seriously... further... if your site wishes to create such critical site access to info... please keep it KISS.

-post a link to how to do it .

-then keep that link updated & working < > period ! 

-if that link doesn't work... offer a link to advise the overLords,

> DO NOT fill your site bowl with 9+ pages of... guess what I'm implying here !

Perhaps...  a newbie will access this site... and find it a truly wondrous place.. perhaps

Edited by SabreBat
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The post you mention is easy to find - it's the second item in 'Browse/FAQ'. I found it on my first visit to the site, so it isn't hidden in any way.

Why would you feel the need to read nine pages when the the first post of that thread tells you all you need to now about posting pictures on this site? 

Give it a try - it is much easier than it sounds.

• Like 1

The irony of your somewhat hard to read post is that I think you have contributed to what you are trying to prevent! You have honestly lost me with your first line and it gets so much harder to follow the more you TRY to read on. You could have said all this in well under 25 words and probably received better responses to your query.

Anyway - welcome to BM. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

See yah or maybe not. :unsure: .Weird way to say g'day. :(

Steve.

Hey Steve... in my short time here it's been a long learning site curve. I already recognize your site input.

I suggest U walk away & approach this site as a Newbie, perhaps using a full step clean away using a 3rd party to access this site, to get an unbiased perspective.

I just wanted to improve Site user access I found lacking, now find 2 old Site users status quo piddle'd off for just saying... this site is not so new user access friendly. 

Seriously Steve... give me or any Newbie... 'the' direct site link how to advisory...access to... I want to post a pic to this site

43 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

• Sad 1

Posting photos is very easy. You'll need to host your photos on a photo sharing site then:

1 go to your photo hosting site

2 display the photo you wish to share

3 copy URL from address bar

4 paste the URL into your post:

6th form text book. Explains a lot...

It really could not be easier.

HTH.

Brian

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

????

hey BK... just got a site advisory that U posted a site response to me....

that is just 4 question marks... nothing more... nothing less

Hmmm... is this how this site awards creds     -cause this site apparently has hierarchy based worth re posts credits &/or  site {+} ?

Hey... I'm just asking, I'm still a newbie to this site's credibility play ranking

Hmm... I'm think this site has just given U a positive for posting 4 question marks to me.

Please advise... do I get site credit for just posting 1 question mark...?

-do I get a site credit if I reply to U with a single ? mark?... or will my reply require 4 ? marks within to get a site credit?

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

????

Do not make any personal attacks on any member otherwise, at best, you'll have a long holiday off this forum, at worst, total exclusion

twas not a personal attack... twas a site awareness that U are just a...

U posted a useless lame-bottom yip... i posted an awareness that U did ... truely I was lessor of a man for pointing it out to those who weren't aware

8 minutes ago, SabreBat said:

hey BK... just got a site advisory that U posted a site response to me....

that is just 4 question marks... nothing more... nothing less

Hmmm... is this how this site awards creds     -cause this site apparently has hierarchy based worth re posts credits &/or  site {+} ?

Hey... I'm just asking, I'm still a newbie to this site's credibility play ranking

Hmm... I'm think this site has just given U a positive for posting 4 question marks to me.

Please advise... do I get site credit for just posting 1 question mark...?

-do I get a site credit if I reply to U with a single ? mark?... or will my reply require 4 ? marks within to get a site credit?

other members give you credit for informative, helpful or amusing posts. Not the site software. Additionally, you are only as good as the contents of your previous or following post. That is a subtle hint.  We don't spoon feed here, you are expected to make a modicum of effort.

18 minutes ago, bhouse said:

Posting photos is very easy. You'll need to host your photos on a photo sharing site then:

1 go to your photo hosting site

2 display the photo you wish to share

3 copy URL from address bar

4 paste the URL into your post:

It really could not be easier.

HTH.

Brian

Hey

perhaps tis the norm in your reality

but not mine...

I will never post what I have to an unknown, especially a 3rd party hosting site

I've been burnt in the past... so many times by a Dutch cyber av site

&

I've burnt by a member here... from a time before the Net... who has profited using my 86 pix, without asking nor paying me for, tho he published & gave me credit for. Then he had a hissi-fit when I didn't buy his published book from him... that he never advised me he prior intended to or did publish... seriously !

18 minutes ago, bhouse said:

1 hour ago, SabreBat said:

now find 2 old Site users status quo piddle'd off for just saying... this site is not so new user access friendly. 

I apologise if my post came over as a personal attack, I was just confused, partly by the way you phrase things, and partly because you are saying that information that a newbie requires isn't clearly available, when it is.

Just over a year ago I was also a newbie to this site, at one time we all were and yes it can be a little confusing at first, but if you take the time it is well worth the effort.

As this site is run by volunteers on a very small budget, because of security issues and server space, posting pictures directly isn't an option.

Your posts are coming over, to me at least, as very confrontational, which could be why you don't feel as though you are being warmly welcomed.

Right SB, please, go back to the new members forum from which you posted your initial post. have a look at other's intros versus yours which is negative & combative. Give yourself a chance to get to know us & us to know you without trying to dictate how the site is run, it is equally welcoming to newbies as much as scrotes like me who've hung around for a bit & pop up all over the place. I'm not sure if I'm replying to someone with a perceived problem or a troll with an axe to grind but I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt, this time. Ask for help, you'll receive it, try to dictate what happens here & you'll likely get short shrift. I repeat, give yourself a chance to learn of this website, its foibles & strengths & the personalities therein & you'll find your own reward. If you chose not to, then that is a problem of your own making.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Greg B said:

other members give you credit for informative, helpful or amusing posts. Not the site software. Additionally, you are only as good as the contents of your previous or following post. That is a subtle hint.  We don't spoon feed here, you are expected to make a modicum of effort.

seriously A-hol Admin Greg B....

U think what I have & know isn't credible, tho a site member who posts a cred site + 

I found this site info wise more than expected Net wise incitefull, but in need of site access to... so I made posts... following which I rec'd lame bottom posts from your members... seriously... he took the time to post 4 Questions marks to me... then called me me out after I suggest he was an,, & U as an overlord are warning me my awareness isn't acceptable...

-so be it... I wished to advise U'll further of what I have & know.

instead I will learn from & move on.

[ so very wee weed off...more than once i attempted to share what i have regarding... real life experienced, archived, parts of ]

Hmmm  I have 5 slides of the Avro Arrow  after the Cdn Gov't ordered any & all records of the aircraft destroyed.

Mmmm, your real life experience evidently does not include social interaction skills.....

I think we can do without you and your five slides here.  Its not worth the buffoonery.

• Like 9

• Greg B locked this topic