Hobby Boss TAS 44-M

robw_uk

Hey Rob , that is definitely bold. Very bright. But like Simon said. Filters add up. I realize that now as well. Question myself,  what is it that I actually use as filter, browns most of the time. So basically I could start with a bad color with less brown, because I will add this as a filter later on. This is something making "real colors" even less important when I wanna weather it like there is no tomorrow.  It is artistic license and kind  of art anyways.  Nice to follow this :D

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Hi Rob

Actually mate I think your there really. I’ve realised you have to up the luminance of colours prior to weathering. I just put a filter on my Wespe, and I have to say it does look nice. First time I’ve used one. Track down a filter for Russian Green and it’ll start to calm down with some nice hues. Plus with wash and pin lining it’ll all tone down  and equal out. 

Im with Mig Jimenez on this. We are here to treated visuals stimulating results.....if you know what I mean. I’ve seen many Russian AFV’s start off with a base of nearly lime green......you don’t think it’ll work......but it does. 

Ive found a really cracking set of Vida on YT. I’ll aend you the link

Simon

thansk Simon. I have a green filter already so will use that - not specifically for Russian green tho

Hi Rob

I don't think it matters really. I painted an old hulk with the same yellow as on the wespe and tried out different one's that I have. I went for a filter for NATO armour in the end. Here's a pic to show how it really makes the thing kinda glow.

As you can see, I just did the fighting compartment as I will do the upper exterior once I have it all together. Try some experimenting. I havn't done the "dot" thing yet myself. I might try it on the exterior of this one and see how it goes.

YMwdGCg.jpg

Also, here's that set of vids I thought was pretty good..

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 1

thanks Simon... I have "green for allied tanks" so going to try that (will do it on a gloss coat so that is tomorrows job if I get time)

Hi Rob

Take a look at one of the early vids in that link. He cover's filters really well. They aren't as easy as wash's to put down.....I found out the hard way. You have to watch not to let any build up like you were doing a wash/panel line layer.

Simon.

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Hi Rob

I don't think it matters really. I painted an old hulk with the same yellow as on the wespe and tried out different one's that I have. I went for a filter for NATO armour in the end. Here's a pic to show how it really makes the thing kinda glow.

As you can see, I just did the fighting compartment as I will do the upper exterior once I have it all together. Try some experimenting. I havn't done the "dot" thing yet myself. I might try it on the exterior of this one and see how it goes.

YMwdGCg.jpg

Also, here's that set of vids I thought was pretty good..

Nice episode to watch. And another techniqie to learn and try out :D

26 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Hi Rob

Take a look at one of the early vids in that link. He cover's filters really well. They aren't as easy as wash's to put down.....I found out the hard way. You have to watch not to let any build up like you were doing a wash/panel line layer.

Simon.

brilliant videos... think the dark green filter will be a good start

Simon, dot filtering is good fun. lighter dots at the top, darker lower down (on damp surface) then vertical strokes to add streaking.....

now its green AND shiny ahead of decals and then weathering.....

42998337772_201252101d_z.jpgIMG_20180627_194840 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

28179370237_840ed8fdab_z.jpgIMG_20180627_194850 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

28179359577_f44c2a6432_z.jpgIMG_20180627_194916 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

29176282118_42bc70c13d_z.jpgIMG_20180627_194909 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

• Like 3

Star Decals - Hungarian Uprising - applied. Supposed to represent a Hungarian Army tank in Revolutionary hands. I want to put a white stripe the length of the tank (usually down the center so not sure it will work with the lights) and may try to hand paint a slogan as well but that can wait. Still not sure on the skirts but they are being painted up anyway. If I dont use them I may use them as tests for rust weathering

41261220100_4d97bbfc11_z.jpgIMG_20180628_180843 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

43072249501_39a7c55548_z.jpgIMG_20180628_180855 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

43072250361_ed5ea415a0_z.jpgIMG_20180628_180914 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

43021282602_ea1edf38d8_z.jpgIMG_20180628_180832 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

28203327717_26c4d8790d_z.jpgIMG_20180628_181109 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

ok - after a very long lack of mojo I am trying to get my airbrush up and running - if I can do that it will be Matt Varnish then on to full weathering.....

• Like 1

Hi Rob......very long time no see mate. Hope your OK. I know the lack of mojo feeling in the preceding months. Just getting back into it myself. My attention span is short at present and flitting between peojects to keep it interesting 😬

good to see you back and getting this one done

cheers

Simon👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Hi Rob......very long time no see mate. Hope your OK. I know the lack of mojo feeling in the preceding months. Just getting back into it myself. My attention span is short at present and flitting between peojects to keep it interesting 😬

good to see you back and getting this one done

cheers

Simon👍

hi Simon.. .yes am goo d- lots of things came together... work stress, work resignation... new job... finally in a place to get back....

now all matted up and done some basic detail painting... more probably over the Easter Weekend

• Like 1

Matt coat on, detail painting started.... don't think I will do oil streaking this time around but happy for you all to try to persuade me:

47635138681_9ab41b2458_c.jpgIMG_20190418_101057 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

47582301782_2fda686259_c.jpgIMG_20190418_101120 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

46719564745_92f96f0219_c.jpgIMG_20190418_101106 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

32692669337_8cafd0fcbf_c.jpgIMG_20190418_101146 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

• Like 3

Thats really nice Rob....:yes:.....I think a nice dust coating would suffice. I'm not one for over the top grime and oil streaking myself. Just some strategic one's here and there. Maybe some rust on points that get banged up like shackle locations, and some hint/haze of rust underneath the spare tracks could look the part too.

Simon.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Thats really nice Rob....:yes:.....I think a nice dust coating would suffice. I'm not one for over the top grime and oil streaking myself. Just some strategic one's here and there. Maybe some rust on points that get banged up like shackle locations, and some hint/haze of rust underneath the spare tracks could look the part too.

Simon.

the reason I was "rushing" on the end was that this was part of a campaign build on Armorama which ends this weekend. I think I have too much to do and little time to do it to hit that so will continue with more. I had planned rusting up the spare tracks and doing some scratches and dust (including wheels/main tracks of course)

• Like 1

thanks both... so an early start on Good Friday and got more done than I expected before church.... wheels & tracks now on (tracks rusted, rust on spare tacks and little around the body) with cotton buds holding the upper track on the return rollers while little touches of glue dry (have noticed some links not 100% aligned unfortunately)... general dusting tomorrow I think...

only one question remains and that is if I put the side skirts on or not... will see before dusting (I think they hide a few messes around the lower hull

47590809072_4d0a318bfb_c.jpgIMG_20190419_154550 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

47590809042_4a07b47663_c.jpgIMG_20190419_154535 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

40677000953_92cde7844e_c.jpgIMG_20190419_154650 by Robert Worth, on Flickr

• Like 5