Tamiya 1/35 Valentine

Tamiya's lovely Valentine with some Value Gear stowage plus some from the spares box. The figure is Mini Art with a Hornet head as I made a bit of a town halls of the kit figures. My only gripe is with the choice of schemes, one rather uninspiring British scheme & two Russian, it should be the other way round. I weathered it with oils & Mig pigments which turned the vehicle darker after I sprayed the tank with Winsor & Newton fixative - D'oh!! The Tamiya Archer beckons.

Any comments or criticisms welcome as always.

Pete

resized_095b9acf-9d89-4bba-84cd-31ec0e94

resized_c10e4b74-8b91-4b2e-9101-757fc5b9

resized_13a3f865-3505-44ce-a8a3-13c96a3e

resized_605c2152-851b-40da-9223-169f4046

resized_7e9b9fcb-962b-4c5c-97a3-62bd23b6

resized_cae2f511-b09f-473e-a394-75a78d76

resized_af28a782-0493-4577-af9a-5daeccd5

Thanks for looking.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

That is very impressive! I do like the weathering and finish! The stowage looks great too. Superb work. Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Great job, I really like the Valentine, the last one I built was the old Maquette kit, should have waited for this one !

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spitfire said:

Great job, I really like the Valentine, the last one I built was the old Maquette kit, should have waited for this one !

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. It goes together well, as you'd expect from Tamiya. Well engineered, not too complicated & has link & length tracks. I liked it so much I bought the Archer.

Pete

• Like 2

Great job. Sure is a nice looking kit, nicely weathered and with a good choice of figure.

I know what you mean about the Archer. Now that looks to be a cracking kit!

When you say 'Winsor and Newton fixative' do you mean varnish? If they do make a 'fixative', use their varnish instead.

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Badder said:

Great job. Sure is a nice looking kit, nicely weathered and with a good choice of figure.

I know what you mean about the Archer. Now that looks to be a cracking kit!

When you say 'Winsor and Newton fixative' do you mean varnish? If they do make a 'fixative', use their varnish instead.

Rearguards

Badder

Hi Badder. The fixative is meant to be used to seal, say, pencil or charcoal drawings so I assumed it would work on Mig pigments. Looks like I was wrong - d'oh. Thanks for the tip. 

Pete

Just now, Buzby061 said:

Hi Badder. The fixative is meant to be used to seal, say, pencil or charcoal drawings so I assumed it would work on Mig pigments. Looks like I was wrong - d'oh. Thanks for the tip. 

Pete 

Hi Pete,

I haven't seen the W&N Fixative, nor heard of it being used on models. Most people use a varnish and the W&N acrylic varnishes are very good, the matt especially. Don't give up on the fixative though. It may have its uses. Experimentation is the name of the game.

I've seen fixatives used on charcoal drawings etc, but they've always been in a rattle can..... was the one you used in a can?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Pete,

I haven't seen the W&N Fixative, nor heard of it being used on models. Most people use a varnish and the W&N acrylic varnishes are very good, the matt especially. Don't give up on the fixative though. It may have its uses. Experimentation is the name of the game.

I've seen fixatives used on charcoal drawings etc, but they've always been in a rattle can..... was the one you used in a can?

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder,

Yes, it was in a rattle can, the theory being that it would act as a sealant but not darken the finish. As Wily Coyote would say, back to the drawing board!

Thanks,

Pete

• Like 1