Spitfire Mk.Vb "Buckeye-Don" (1/48 Tamiya)

I'm presenting this recently finished Spitfire, the old but still good Tamiya Mk.Vb.

The bird was piloted by Dominic "Don" Gentile, an ace with 26 victories. I added Eduard PE for the cockpit and resin door, Quickboost exhausts, RB model Hispano 20mm cannons, decals from Aeromaster.

Also reworked the spinner, because it had the characteristic fairings. Painting with Tamiya and Gunze acrylics, weathering with oils and AK effects.

100_8844.jpg

100_8843.jpg

100_8845.jpg

100_8847.jpg

100_8842.jpg

100_8846.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Venelin
  • Like 30

What stevej60 said, 'looks just right'. And quoting pipthepilot, 'interesting … US markings' . The Star makes the Spit take on a subtly different charcter, somehow.

Superb build. Though drooping elevators would've dotted the i… 😉

Kind regards,

Joachim

Very nice spitfire in different livery.

I like very much moderate weathering, looks very very good.

You deserve additional points for choosing a interesting version, and nice to see other Don Gentile plane (usually connected with F-51)

regards

Outstanding job- the finish and weathering are just right! Looks like you might have done a little gentle reworking of the upper cowling cowling contours? IIRC, that is one of the major criticisms of the kit in 1/48 and 1/72. The 4th FG sure hated giving up their Mk Vb's for P-47's, but did retain one or two as hacks. Very nice model.

Mike

Thank you very much, guys!

The only modification I did is on the spinner-I've made those fairings by cutting pieces of plastic tube, also made the small cap on the spinner's point

100_8428.jpg

I didn't found any aftermarket spinner of that type, which is strange.

Edited by Venelin
  • Like 1