28mm Perry Sudan figures

This is the last of my figures I bought for the Sudan campaign,I am glad to have finished them,I was never happy with the quality,the hands have no real shape and anything close to the body had no shape,spent so much time with the craft knife and file,Last Perry's I'll buy.Cheers.

tn_3884707c-a4bd-47b6-853b-ee322bbc2431.tn_439a3103-e5f1-4857-acc1-b4d21c75e0b5.tn_32cb628b-01a7-4a8e-bc59-b4e5d8ba18a2.tn_21d6ee47-0bee-4021-b5f0-81f2f30ea8a1.

• Like 5

I was thinking how well they're painted and then I saw the tartan kilts - now that's just showing off.

From now on I'll be popping my figures in the post to you. 😜

No rush.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gorby said:

I was thinking how well they're painted and then I saw the tartan kilts - now that's just showing off.

From now on I'll be popping my figures in the post to you. 😜

No rush.

Thanks Gorby,yes I thought my eyes would be the problem but it was trying to keep my hand steady,did read that you can buy decals for tartan figures,Cheers mate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Lovely job Jim,beggers belief that only 15yrs later the French entered WWI with basically the same uniform (except the kilts,they were replaced with brght red trousers)...

Thanks Vince,new I should have waited🙂,Cheers.

You've done a great job with them Jim, but I have to agree they do look a bit dated.....The detail isn't as good as the new Perry plastics:

Spoiler

IMG_0853.JPG

TBH I reckon these are nicer than most of the metal historical figures out there.  :coolio:

Which I find very odd indeed!  :unsure:

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You've done a great job with them Jim, but I have to agree they do look a bit dated.....The detail isn't as good as the new Perry plastics:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0853.JPG

TBH I reckon these are nicer than most of the metal historical figures out there.  :coolio:

Which I find very odd indeed!  :unsure:

Thanks,and yes they sure are dated,have not tried the new Perry plastics,kind of shy away from this brand,Cheers.

Don't blame you based on your experiences thus far.  ;)

You've just saved me a few quid in command figures too, I'm going to use the plastics for everything now.....I'll post some detailed pictures of their ACW range once I'm underway, you might have a change of heart when you see 'em.  :coolio:

• Thanks 1