RAF camouflage grey - in a rattle can

General Jumbo

Hi All,

I've just picked up a Revell Tornado F3 and was looking for some advice please. After trawling many BM threads, there are lots of discussions on this paint colour but I can't find what I am looking for!

As I don't own an airbrush and as always, have very little time to do serious modelling sessions, I wanted to rattle can this one so... is there a decent colour match available in a rattle can? I can't believe Humbrol don't do their 167 in a rattle tin - would have thought it would be very popular!

Many thanks,

GJ

Edited by General Jumbo
Predictive text misbehaving as always!

I was going to suggest Halford's Ford Polar Grey - I use it a lot to represent 'VVS Grey' on many of my Soviet/Russian subjects.....

I also used it on my Amodel Avanti.....

avanti_030.jpg

It may not be 100% correct - but it looks close enough to my tired old eyes....

Ken

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, General Jumbo said:

Thanks Nigel. I had no idea that they had! When was the change over?

Think it was 2005 they changed over mate!

It was certainly mid 2000's as they went through servicing, the advantage is all the stencil is the standard gr4 red with gray footprints, the roundels are the standard blue / red

So if you see an airframe with red blue roundels its in medium sea grey, the only watchout is the RTP spares, which means there were aircraft in the two schemes. personally I wouldnt worry about this 

• Like 1