"Since my last visit" has stopped working

I found I had the same problem running under Microsoft Edge, the standby of "clearing your cache" appears to have corrected the problem though.

Hope this helps.

Erm no - that doesn't seem to have resolved the issue, I've just logged back in again and I'm seeing the same condition again.

Edited by Richard E

Set that to "Specified Number of Days" and select 14 Days, then save the changes.  That should get everything back, and any threads you've not visited will be BOLD. :)

Sorry, @Mike, that hasn't worked. Still not showing any content when I select "Since my last visit". I know I can see the content by selecting "Specified Number of Days" and then just figuring out when I was last on the site -- a couple of hours ago -- but listing just what is new since the last time I was around is a much better way of catching up (I'd argue, in fact, it should be the default setting for "View Unread Content", since most of us visit more often than every 14 days...). It must be some kind of bug that's affecting only a few of us...

best,

M.

OK... this is very odd. If I save "Since My Last Visit" as a custom stream, and then access it via "Activity/My Activity Streams/View New Content" it does show me posts since my last visit, but I can't get them simply by choosing "Since My Last Visit" as the setting for Unread Content

Edited by cmatthewbacon
  • Like 2

No, it's not you - it shows me nowt if I select since my last visit.  I'll raise it with Support, and also ask them what their definition of that phrase is.  Either way, I suspect it's a bug somehow, as otherwise what use is the facility? :hmmm:

I've posed the question to Support now (along with the Emoji weirdness) and linked them to the useful information on this thread.  Hopefully we should get some kind of reply soon, and don't forget to smile and wave as they've done a lot to help us with the forum over the years and seldom get any thanks from the members, although I always make a point of giving them a pat on the back on your behalf :)

• Like 3

Support is having trouble replicating this issue, and I am too now, so could those affected try again and let me know whether it's still occurring, and when their last visit was.  It may have been a transitory thing due to the software update that has worked its way out of the system.  Wait to hear from you :)

Hasn't worked for me for a week. I am visiting right now and it is not working - I have to switch Time Period to Specified Number of Days (1) to make the feature work at all. Most annoying. I figured the brains trust at support would have figured it out by now.

3 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

I figured the brains trust at support would have figured it out by now.

They can't replicate it, so it's difficult for them to fix what they can't find. :hmmm: Would you be averse to them logging in as you to test the issue?  I'll give them your username if you're ok with that  :)

They should be able to manage it without any further info from you as they're a little bit special.  It was your permission I was most interested in :)  Thanks guys :yes:

Guys - could you copy & paste the URL in your address bar when you get zero posts please, and confirm whether you're logging in on multiple devices, as that can affect your "last visit".  As much info as you can give me will be helpful so we don't have to come back again :)

Mike, it did work for me, after our last conversation, but stopped soon after. It does work a little now, but I only get a few postings showing, like 2 to 6 at best.

I've just stopped using it and just read down the View New Content until the small size script shows up. I've adapted.

Chris

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/discover/6/&stream_club_select=undefined&stream_club_filter=undefined&stream_date_type=last_visit&before=1525102801&latest=0

So far today I've only logged in on my laptop...

I do log in through my phone and desktop as well, but I only use one device at a time...

best,

M.

Unfortunately it looks like this condition is still occurring, I've just accessed the forum for the first time since last night and, when I select "View New Content" the only thread which is returned is HL-10's "Northrop HL-10 1:24th Scale Accurate Models." thread which was updated 1 minute ago; when I select "Load more activity" no further activity is returned.

I'm accessing the site using Microsoft Edge running under Windows 10. 

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 1

This is what I've been banging on about in the Forum update thread, still with me on my android & Win10/chrome laptop. To my mind it seems the forum software may no longer be reading or retaining the cookie info that told it when we last were active, not necessarily logged in or out as I seldom log out & I've never had a hassle with this before. If I enter the forum to find no new content, spend a few minutes reading notifications etc then refresh my entry page, it'll show posts that have occurred in that time. But if I close BM or put it into the background as it does in android, a couple of hours later I'm back to square one again.:(

Steve.

• Like 1

I've also been experiencing these problems on my iPad, Mac and Windows 7 PC and thought that I had changed something without realising I had done so, so in some ways, it's pleasing to know that it's not me :D

Anyway, today I decided to venture into the world of computer wizardry and changed the Time Period/Since My Last Visit to Time Period/Specified Number Of Days/2 and it seems to have worked and the two custom streams affected, currently seem to be working as I require.

The only issue I had, whilst trying the above on my iPad, was when entering the required number of days and pressing Go, nothing happening regardless of how many times I pressed the button but when going back to the Activity Stream page, the required number of Days was correct :S

Strangely enough, I have 3 Custom Streams, Traders, Buy & Sell plus New Content but the issue was only with my Traders and Buy & Sell Streams!

Confused of Irthlingborough

Edited by Tony C

6 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

That's the one I get too. I've also noticed since this began that when I click on a thread header on the yellow spot or star to be taken to the first new post of a thread I've previously visited, it takes me to the end of the thread & I have to scroll back to find where I previously got up . I'm guessing its symptomatic of the same issue.

Steve.

Yay... it seems to be working properly again, for me at any rate! Thanks @Mike and nice support people!

best,

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It's stopped working again...  Grrrrrrr ;-(

M.

Edited by cmatthewbacon
Broken again