Hello from not so sunny Rugby

Gadget2012

Greetings everybody, 

I've been stalking the forum for several months looking for advice and ideas on how I could improve my modelling, and oh boy have I found it. Completely mind blown by people's skill and attention to detail. 🤯

Like most people I used to build kits in my youth, then got sidetracked by RC aircraft, football, beer, women etc etc. Now I'm back and spending too much on new toys already

I might even post some pics of my current WIP, 1:48 A10, V22 and Canberra PR9. I have a Jaguar GR1 trying to fight it's way out of the box

Kind Regards

Ian (Gadget2012) 

Welcome to Britmodeller Ian – from your big bad neighbour down the road. And welcome back to modelling. There are quite a few returnees on here, so your amongst good (if odd) company, I hope you have a sense of humour.

Gorby

On 4/27/2018 at 10:23 AM, Gadget2012 said:

RC aircraft

I'm an RC flier, too... I build static kits because I don't want to see 200 hours of labour throwing itself into into the ground at 50mph on its maiden flight... Much easier to do it with the £200 that a RTF costs me!  (RC is very educational... It taught me that, even though I'm 65 I can still climb trees).

• Haha 1

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Some might say I have a warped and twisted sense of humour! 

I am still very much learning some of the finger points of scale modelling, luckily I have an understanding wife (who seems to enjoy me living myself away for hours on end). 

• Like 1

welcome to britmodelier

i think its a great place for all ages (ime 14 and have learned quite a bit).  ive not got to the later stages of droping the hobby and not any were near to dropping it.  ive been modeling since i was 7 (1st kit a 1/72 airfix spit that ended up like a crash)

• 3 months later...

So I have finally summoned the courage to post some pics of my work:

1/48 A10. I started this before moving to Rugby about 4 1/2 years ago and unfortunately the main UC parts got lost in the move so I had to kit bash some, I doubt they would pass serious muster but I'm happy with the outcome!

IMG_20180611_092811

1/48 V22 Osprey, again this was started before the move nut luckily the only thing I lost were the decals!

IMG_20180605_075401

1/48 Canberra PR9, I made a couple of mistakes with this one, I think I got the colour wrong and the canopy surround sank a bit whilst it dried :(

IMG_20180611_092821

1/48 Jaguar GR1. This is the first model in a lot of years whose UC has survived the build and painting process. I have a TSR2 and EE Lightning that collapsed during painting so I ended up closing the bays.

IMG_20180726_215241

• Like 2

One of my all time fav aircraft, the English Electric Lightning. I can still remember the sound these things make on take off! Unfortunately the canopy frosted when I sprayed her. I have tried to polish it out with little effect....

IMG_20180427_210538

Group shot including the TSR2, Lightning and Jag. The eagle eyed among you will spot a Tiger Moth which I built after having a flight in one, amazing experience!

IMG_20180728_113514

• Like 2