1/48 Tamiya F-16C 25/32 ANG

Starting to get excited now. 

More RBF tags fitted and couldn't resist putting it in the display case early. 

ZLOycZafQklxSk-A6SKzFz5Qhwq0aA1xcCu0le2i

q7EYr2bk0k1C6S__z0CgTQ60IqBTu-qnJCIrKU9z

GFCNAg3UNFeQ0IZB4NHTbAxBkOnJvUdBH-bS3YA8

And from sprue, I have carved some chocks. I'll use some wire to simulate the rip between them and paint them up. 

u8xagnjtqI0K3okq-sY7ZP4JcG2uxhipIfAKFu5a

NWpWJN-HbSNVYrH_AIQYq71B7KlNO70sqSzvoxOi

Update on the chocks.  I cut a length of copper wire (an individual strand from a CAT6 network lead), folded it in half, and knotted one end.  I then used an insulin needle (new and sterile ;) ) bent into a hook to twist the wire to simulate rope. Added to the chocks and voila!

Qy6x_XF11oGB6rv4YQuq6grc1Fr5waj3H35UX4Ah  ezoY3TLKrTpK_GxIOONoZXy4eNaZgR5PPTpK-IOe

Spare wheel from kit to ensure the rope is correct length:

wOBYQyCnrZ2IhO8oxO_XA8sISamGxb_zIkuQ-O-8

And my reference is a cheat; I used the 3D model from Falcon BMS so I could easily look around.  I'm quite happy with the result. Here is the said reference object:

j_lY-6WeDIpwWqsZE_YiuYRvfe6tqmianT-2sA1e

Edited by planehazza
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Delayar said:

Great work.

The chocks look great!

Cheers,

Markus

Thanks! I was rather suprised what sprue, a scalpel, 5 or 6 hours, and a sore back could achieve :) I hope to paint them tonight.

2 hours ago, BlueFlyer said:

Looking very nice, lovely attention to detail.

Thank you, it has been a fun build, and I can see the next one giving me seductive looks from the corner of the room ha.

This is where we are now. All the spikey bits on and literally just a case of flat coating and fitting the missing AIM120 and 300Gal centre line tank.  I made the pitot cover from foil and CA'd on a RBF tag. It's a bit 'scrappy' up close but it does the job and looks good to me.

qbONulrlR8XEH_dKgK0xwocxj-_SuWwD-wEzHpcA

Bad news though; I've noticed that when I've glue in the cockpit tub it obviously wasn't perfectly level and probably only out by about 2 degrees. Now I've add the HUD and it's taller you can clearly see the wonkyness head on and from some camera angles, like above :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm calling it. I technically need to paint the ladder (one might argue that's a separate model :D ) and glue back on a few discharge rods that I just knocked off, but otherwise I'm done.  Time to relocate to the Ready for Inspection area. Here's the last photo for this thread. Thank for following all. See you in the next one.

HyuZL__h1pRQ3GcDsNvyXW78mtMXJKedXVQ6XCiw

• Like 2