RCAF aircraft photo collection

72modeler

While looking for DH 91 Albatross reference photos, I found this collection. Lots of great detail photos, including a Fortress II (B-17E) with Yagi antennas! Some excellent modeling project material as well as a list of serials for many of the types. I hope you will enjoy looking at them and that this collection has not been posted before.

Mike

http://silverhawkauthor.com/canadian-warbirds-4-the-second-world-war-trainers-transports-and-utility-aircraft-book_311.html?printable_version=true

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Thank you, Mike, for posting that link. There are many great pics there that I had never seen in 50+ years of following military aviation.

I'll add the link to my collection of aviation albums, and use the Fairey Battle pics when I get around to my MPM kit.

Bill

That's a great find Mike.

Lots of useful photos to be studied at great length. Bang goes my list of jobs for the weekend 😄

Thanks for posting it here.

Edited by cngaero

11 hours ago, sprue said:

wonderful collection

Except for the missing aircraft. Where's the Fairey Swordfish? The Northrop Delta? Ford Tri-motor? Westland Lysander?

Chris

Plenty of Lysanders at the end!!!  There are a couple mis-identifiations, with the exception of the Lockheed 10, in that lot though Especiallly the Lockeed twins.All are described as Lodestars when there are Hudsons and Venturas among them.  Nice selection though.

2 hours ago, Paul J said:

Plenty of Lysanders at the end!!!  There are a couple mis-identifiations, with the exception of the Lockheed 10, in that lot though Especiallly the Lockeed twins.All are described as Lodestars when there are Hudsons and Venturas among them.  Nice selection though.

There must have been an update added since the last time I looked at the site. There definitely were no Lizzies then.

Chris