Hasegawa 1/48 P40e Warhawk

Hi all,

So finished this build fairly quickly for my standards and I think its testament for what a nice little kit it is. There were a few minor issues mainly the tail to fuselage join (which in hindsight seems like it could be much more straightforward) but all in all a really enjoyable build. One thing I did do that's worth pointing out is swapping the target crosshair from just in front of the screen to a PE part off an old Eduard German gun sight, this gives for better scale. Some of the lights which I hope you will see on the tips of the wings were just the clear parts and before adding them on i touched them with red and green sharpies. This is the first time I have tried this effect and it works perfectly.

Thanks for looking.

P16_9967

P16_9965P16_9962P16_9958P16_9957P16_9953P16_9952P16_9951P16_9950P16_9949P16_9947P16_9942

P16_9945

Edited by Philtheplanetinker
Uploading photos
  • Like 24

Beautiful Warhawk!

Very realistic.

Good job

For Philtheplanetinker :

About "idem for me";

Idem is a latin word that means "the same".

I said : the same for me; I can't see any picture.

Ok ?

• Like 1

great looking P-40.

Your painting skills are awesome! Beautiful!!!

I only ever built the exceedingly old tool Revell in 1/72 when I was a youngster, and I loved it!

Just bought last week the Academy 1/72 P-40E. So your RFI arrives in the nick of time to show me I was right to get this kit I have anted for so long!

Congratulations!

JR

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jean said:

great looking P-40.

Your painting skills are awesome! Beautiful!!!

I only ever built the exceedingly old tool Revell in 1/72 when I was a youngster, and I loved it!

Just bought last week the Academy 1/72 P-40E. So your RFI arrives in the nick of time to show me I was right to get this kit I have anted for so long!

Congratulations!

JR

Hi Jean

Thanks for the nice comments, if you do get a chance to pick up this 1/48 tool it's a great kit with nice detail. I'll look out for your academy build.

Cheers

Hello Phil,

You did great, really good P-40 !

I have this one waiting on the shelves !

Did you glue the half tail on the half fuselage before buttoning her up ??

I know about the pesky joints from Hasegawa from my Typhoon...

And I really like sharmouthed aircrafts !

Congratulations !👏

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Hi corsaircorp

Thanks for the comment and the sharksmouth was my first attempt at a detailed cut out thus bypassing the decal.

I followed the instructions and glued the the two halves of the tail together first and then glued to the two halves of the fuselage if I was you (and if I did it again) I would probably try cutting off the locating nodules laying the halves down flat and gluing them together first so you end up with a more commonly seen complete two halves...

If that makes sense. 🤔

Edited by Philtheplanetinker