Post your First, Favourite,Finest

2 hours ago, adey m said:

Well done cngaero and Convair, it is indeed the Mach 2 Blohm and Voss BV 142 in 1/72 scale but the quality definately lays somewhere between a vacuform and an injection kit.

It is creating a number of challenges for me but construction is well on now.

resized_5ed8a97a-bb47-4d24-b355-010bc86f

It has helped with me already having two large Mach 2 kits under my belt, so to speak

This strange machine is what you get when a shipbuilder decides to build a seaplane and then sticks wheels and gun turrets on it.

regards,  adey

Looking forward to seeing this one Adey.  Your Sunderland looks terrific.  My brother built one when we were kids but he adorned it with giant US stars and bars  decals from a 1/32nd scale Revell F4U for some reason - chiefly to annoy me i would imagine as, even as a nipper, I was a stickler for accuracy..   Anyway, it did get to go in the bath once to see if it would float.   I think the hot water affected the glue as it started to fall apart after a while.  I always thought the kit was bit 'hollow' because of the lack of interior.  I see you rectified that issue.  The Roy Cross artwork of a Sunderland in a dogfight with a Kondor was one of the most memorable.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/6/2018 at 8:17 PM, Skodadriver said:

1. First build?  Sorry, that was about 1962!  It was an Airfix S6B.

2. Favourite - DACO Skyline 1/144 Boeing 737-400 with Nazca decals for TC-SKF of Sky Airlines when it was painted as a logojet for the Turkish “Adam and Eve” hotel chain.  The model is about five years old, before I joined Britmodeller.

41831378181_82227f933e_b.jpg

3. Finest - Roden 1/144 Britannia with 26 Decals for G-AOVC while flying with Donaldson International. It was a product of the Airliners III Group Build in 2016.  I don’t know if it was the challenge of building in the public eye (so to speak) or the support from other group build participants but it’s still the model I’m proudest of.

41789587932_fe8a46b6e2_b.jpg

The photos were taken while the models were on display at the Scottish Nationals on 28/29 April in case anyone is wondering.

Dave G

That Britannia of yours is stunning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2018 at 7:35 AM, adey m said:

Christmas 1972 in Whitby, my youngest brother is holding aloft his Airfix B-25 Mitchell present............... looks like I am going to be busy

resized_f4db2cfb-5915-4514-85ee-91cf11b9

I have just realised that is me in the background ........... with an Airfix Stirling on my lap.

We had our grandparents visiting us over Christmas and Airfix models were theirs and our uncle's choice presents for us, I built a Vigilante, Dornier 17E  and that Mitchell for my brothers and the Stirling, Superfreighter, and C-47 Dakota for myself, all  of them Christmas presents.

seasons greetings,   adey

Wow.  You mean you actually got dressed before you opened your Christmas presents?  We'd have never had the patience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Wow.  You mean you actually got dressed before you opened your Christmas presents?  We'd have never had the patience.

This was the early 1970s Meatbox, I am surprised we are not wearing ties..........

My father had a Christmas tradition passed down from his family, we all had a Christmas stocking from Santa to wake up ( ha ha ) to on Christmas morning which would usually contain a bagged Airfix Series 1 kit which would probably keep me busy all morning. Then after breakfast we were allowed one present each from under the Christmas tree.

Then we would have to wait until after dinner and watch the Queen's Christmas broadcast on tv before we were allowed all the other presents from under the tree. It was good in the respect that Christmas day lasted longer.

Twenty five years of marriage to Carol has changed all that, I get woken up to a cup of tea at some unearthly hour on Christmas morning ( night ) and then dragged downstairs all bleary eyed to open all the presents before breakfast, as her family have always done  .............. she loves Christmas so what can I do ?

cheers,  adey

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Looking forward to seeing this one Adey.  Your Sunderland looks terrific.  My brother built one when we were kids but he adorned it with giant US stars and bars  decals from a 1/32nd scale Revell F4U for some reason - chiefly to annoy me i would imagine as, even as a nipper, I was a stickler for accuracy..   Anyway, it did get to go in the bath once to see if it would float.   I think the hot water affected the glue as it started to fall apart after a while.  I always thought the kit was bit 'hollow' because of the lack of interior.  I see you rectified that issue.  The Roy Cross artwork of a Sunderland in a dogfight with a Kondor was one of the most memorable.  

Anyway, it did get to go in the bath once to see if it would float.

I am afraid to say that I had the crazy idea at the time I built my Hasegawa PS-1 that I would build it watertight ................. then the day finally arrived for water trials .................

resized_df266eb7-a060-46ba-8efb-b4220fbf

I would post this under the title,  THE MOST SILLY MODEL IDEA I HAVE HAD

she did float though, just a bit low in the water but she does float

( embarrassed )  adey

Edited by adey m
  • Like 9
  • Haha 8

13 hours ago, FAAMAN said:

@ Giemme, your "One True Scale" F-4C is one of the best I've ever seen, truly brilliant finish and thanks for sharing her 😍😎 Is there a link to see the build?

Now to embarrass meself, wot's about to follow has been posted in a couple of forums so I don't see a reason for you not to join in on the fun;

In the dim dark past when I was 16 :winkgrin:

On Saturday 28Apr1979 a reporter from a Sydney local newspaper the, "Parramatta Advertiser" interviewed me about my hobbying after seeing my model collection when he came to interview my Grandfather a week before over his witnessing the demise of the "Red Baron" during his WW1 service.
These are the posed pics taken in my room I was sent before the newspaper article was published. The published article and an ad from the Advertiser dated Wed.16May1979.

35448193513_683cb9b004_o.jpgMe @ 16 newspaper photo No.4 28Apr1979s by Neil, on Flickr

35419984054_78c689e7e4_o.jpgMe @ 16 newspaper photo No.2 28Apr1979s by Neil, on Flickr

35448194083_9fc6a945cf_o.jpgMe @ 16 newspaper photo No.1 28Apr1979s by Neil, on Flickr

35448193893_c6d3177679_o.jpgMe @ 16 newspaper photo No.3 28Apr1979s by Neil, on Flickr

This was around 70% or so of my built collection at the time. in the far corner you can see the stash's "Pending" pile, hope you enjoy the pics, it's a little off topic but there are a lot of favourites showing 😍

Adey M if you look closely at pics No.1 & 2 you'll see my Ta 152 in amoungst the "furball":winkgrin:

Regards all🍻🍻

FAA 😎😎

Blimey FAAMAN, that's amazing, we had the same hairstyle ...................well you could see more of my ears

That model collection of yours was something amazing too ............ were model kits easily available in Australia ?

I had spotted the Ta 152, he's coming in at three o'clock high........ watch him gunners . Was it the later version with fixed undercarriage ?

Absolutely great photos there, I am afraid I do not have any photos of me with any of my models at the time, but I do have some of me with that hairstyle ..............

thanks for sharing with us , happy times

adey

Edited by adey m
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, adey m said:

This was the early 1970s Meatbox, I am surprised we are not wearing ties..........

My father had a Christmas tradition passed down from his family, we all had a Christmas stocking from Santa to wake up ( ha ha ) to on Christmas morning which would usually contain a bagged Airfix Series 1 kit which would probably keep me busy all morning. Then after breakfast we were allowed one present each from under the Christmas tree.

Then we would have to wait until after dinner and watch the Queen's Christmas broadcast on tv before we were allowed all the other presents from under the tree. It was good in the respect that Christmas day lasted longer.

Twenty five years of marriage to Carol has changed all that, I get woken up to a cup of tea at some unearthly hour on Christmas morning ( night ) and then dragged downstairs all bleary eyed to open all the presents before breakfast, as her family have always done  .............. she loves Christmas so what can I do ?

cheers,  adey

Sounds like Carol and me had similar childhoods.  Early 70s too but we were all downstairs pretty sharpish in our jimjams and the carnage would begin.  All over by about 8 a.m.  Then my mum would fall asleep on the sofa and keep tutting whenever we woke her up playing with our new toys! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, adey m said:

Anyway, it did get to go in the bath once to see if it would float.

I am afraid to say that I had the crazy idea at the time I built my Hasegawa PS-1 that I would build it watertight ................. then the day finally arrived for water trials .................

resized_df266eb7-a060-46ba-8efb-b4220fbf

I will post this under the title THE CRAZIEST MODEL IDEA I HAD

she did float though, just a bit low in the water but she does float

( embarrassed )  adey

Brilliant!  It would have needed some serious power to get airborne sitting that low in the water.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, adey m said:

Blimey FAAMAN, that's amazing, we had the same hairstyle ...................well you could see more of my ears

That model collection of yours was something amazing too ............ were model kits easily available in Australia ?

I had spotted the Ta 152, he's coming in at three o'clock high........ watch him gunners . Was it the later version with fixed undercarriage ?

Absolutely great photos there, I am afraid I do not have any photos of me with any of my models at the time, but I do have some of me with that hairstyle ..............

thanks for sharing with us , happy times

adey

Thanks Adey, yes models were all over Oz available in the strangest places, you only needed to walk into the newagents at the end of my street to see a small display, where I bought a lot of LS 1/144 kits from. My first model, an Airfix baggie YAK-9D was from the small convenience store (necessary for ice creams, lollies etc :laugh: ) in the street behind mine.

I think my Ta was from 1975 :think:

Glad you like the pics, I think that there's around 350 built kits there . . . . yes much happier times indeed😎 Gawd!! 39years ago :laugh:

• Like 1

Thanks FAAMAN, incredible to see so many different types and scales were available back in the 1970s, is that B-52 the 1/100 Tamiya one or was the big Monogram one out by then ?

I've just spotted a Bristol Superfreighter with a Voodoo on its tail, and a Britten Norman Defender, and a Skyvan that's just had a near miss with a Beaufighter.

I love the stash in the corner, a pillar of kits climbing the wall.

The whole collection with ships too reminds me of that film where a modern US Navy nuclear aircraft carrier goes through an electrical storm and finds itself transported back to the time of Pearl Harbour and later a couple of its Tomcats mix it with a couple of Zeros ........... amazing film

A bit like this USA Airfix box art .....................

resized_7bbe3c49-1a9f-400d-966d-1e1b7612

" wave him off, he's got the wrong undercarriage ! " ...............

cheers,  adey

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, adey m said:

Thanks FAAMAN, incredible to see so many different types and scales were available back in the 1970s, is that B-52 the 1/100 Tamiya one or was the big Monogram one out by then ?

I've just spotted a Bristol Superfreighter with a Voodoo on its tail, and a Britten Norman Defender, and a Skyvan that's just had a near miss with a Beaufighter.

The whole collection with ships too reminds me of that film where a modern US Navy nuclear aircraft carrier goes through an electrical storm and finds itself transported back to the time of Pearl Harbour and later a couple of its Tomcats mix it with a couple of Zeros ........... amazing film

The B-52D is the Monogram 1/72 scale kit ($20.00 AUD a few years before 😨) rebuilt after being damaged in SAC NMF/White with a new SEA paint job, wing bomb racks and badly damaged landing gear removed for an "in flight" look. The kit originally came out in 1968 with sound generator etc. Just look up Scalemates.

It seems to be a popular past time to identify what's hanging up and displayed on the shelves. Funny I just have to close my eyes and I can see it all . . . . . great happy memories there :laugh:

No Voodoo mate, my Hasegawa one wasn't built yet, it's either the Whiffed (rebuilt) 1/72 Revell F-111C or the Airfix Viggen you're referring to, and there's two Beaus, both Airfix. See what else you can spot :smile:

As I said that was the "pending" stash, definitely about to be built soon . . . . . the Airfix Graf Spee appears to be next on the top . . . . there were a "few" kits stored "in another location" (under the bed with my trains).

The film you're referring to is "The Final Countdown" with Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen among others, The USS NimitZ is transported back to 1941 by a time warp, F-14As get to shoot down a pair of "Zeros" etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FAAMAN said:

The B-52D is the Monogram 1/72 scale kit ($20.00 AUD a few years before 😨) rebuilt after being damaged in SAC NMF/White with a new SEA paint job, wing bomb racks and badly damaged landing gear removed for an "in flight" look. The kit originally came out in 1968 with sound generator etc. Just look up Scalemates.

It seems to be a popular past time to identify what's hanging up and displayed on the shelves. Funny I just have to close my eyes and I can see it all . . . . . great happy memories there :laugh:

No Voodoo mate, my Hasegawa one wasn't built yet, it's either the Whiffed (rebuilt) 1/72 Revell F-111C or the Airfix Viggen you're referring to, and there's two Beaus, both Airfix. See what else you can spot :smile:

As I said that was the "pending" stash, definitely about to be built soon . . . . . the Airfix Graf Spee appears to be next on the top . . . . there were a "few" kits stored "in another location" (under the bed with my trains).

The film you're referring to is "The Final Countdown" with Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen among others, The USS NimitZ is transported back to 1941 by a time warp, F-14As get to shoot down a pair of "Zeros" etc.

Ah yes, I can see that it is an F-111 coming up behind the camouflaged Superfreighter. Is that a Revell B-47 and a FROG Lancaster I can also see ?

So what happened to all these models ?

Thankyou for reminding me what that film was called, it is one of my favourite films, no computer generation, all real aircraft and real flying and those Zeros look like Zeros.

A great film with a moving ending.

adey

• Like 1

Another one from the past .............

b454bcf1-4e0f-4a4e-b645-87d7ebdd6a93.jpg

A model that I bought at a model show many years ago. Injection moulded in quite a chunky white plastic with a quality limited production feel to it. Nicely engraved detailing. Good fitting parts.  Nicely furnished cockpit. Vacuform one piece canopy. Excellent decals. I added some aircrew and very carefully cut the canopy so I could pose it open. Sprayed with Halfords Aluminium car spray.

resized_ae7409ba-726c-41aa-890a-495985ae

A photo taken before I decided to cut the canopy into two.

resized_86978293-3d63-44bf-98eb-ce9fd974

Looks like they have dropped someone off ...........

resized_ba631c95-a767-40ed-b779-7ff4168b

These are the best I could find of my 1/72 Aerofile MS 760 Paris

adey

• Like 10

What a strange looking bird the Paris is, beautifully modeled sir 😎😍

6 hours ago, adey m said:

Ah yes, I can see that it is an F-111 coming up behind the camouflaged Superfreighter. Is that a Revell B-47 and a FROG Lancaster I can also see ?

So what happened to all these models ?

Thankyou for reminding me what that film was called, it is one of my favourite films, no computer generation, all real aircraft and real flying and those Zeros look like Zeros.

A great film with a moving ending. 

Yes, correct Adey, a Revell 1/113 - 1/115 scale B-47A (??) Stratojet and a Novo (ex-Frog) 1/96 scale Lancaster.

I'll quote from the ATF ; ". . . . approx 75% of the collection still exists I'm posting the undamaged/lightly repaired containerised models in my portfolio, but lots are in the "damaged to be repaired/rebuilt" box, mostly the big stuff and ships that is. Lots were damaged to some degree or scrapped after my elder brother destroyed what you see in a 1984 temper tantrum"

Here's a link to my ATF Portfolio as mentioned above, I'd be too embarrassed to post a lot of my builds here;  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/faaman-s-portfolio-t29250.html

The thing with the "Final Countdown" is that the "Zeros" used are actually modified Harvards, and why, when they were going after the Japanese aircraft attacking force did they launch A-7s and A-6s? Also the F-14As could've shot down a lot of aircraft BVR at 120miles with their AWG-9/AIM-54 Phoenix. Still it is fun to watch the "Zeros" being "played with" like a cat (Tomcat) with a mouse.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 6:40 PM, adey m said:

Not sure what you are asking for here Oberleutnant, having looked at your profile it appears that you have already been succesfully posting comments about builds you have been following.

If you want to know something more about a comment or a build that you are looking at simply click on Quote at the bottom of the post and then add your comment or question on the window that opens, just like what I have done here.

adey

Hi Adey,

Sorry for the late replay and thanks for your comment.

What I meant was on the forum is there anywhere in particular where I can post queries about model skills and techniques?

For example if I had a query about painting or masking etc where on the forum should I put this?

22 hours ago, Oberleutnant said:

Hi Adey,

Sorry for the late replay and thanks for your comment.

What I meant was on the forum is there anywhere in particular where I can post queries about model skills and techniques?

For example if I had a query about painting or masking etc where on the forum should I put this?

or try here

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/68-tools-amp-tips/

• Like 1

On 19/05/2018 at 06:57, adey m said:

cheers,  adey

I've got that film,'The Final Countdown'; it's great isn't it! I'd love to see similar films made, how about a Battle of Britain where we have Phantoms & Lightnings to bat down the Jerry swarms? Or even further back, a flight of Harriers mysteriously encounters a storm, only to land in a field near Hastings in 1066 ...

Love that old Bucc artwork! It looks like somebody has shot down an AEW Skyraider too. Can't have been one of those unarmed NA.39s can it!? Fabulous inaccurate American sensationalism there.

Edited by Lord Riot
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 6:57 AM, adey m said:

cheers,  adey

Pity we didn't have Buccaneers then.  I suspect the War would have been over much sooner.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 1:53 AM, FAAMAN said:

What a strange looking bird the Paris is, beautifully modeled sir 😎😍

Yes, correct Adey, a Revell 1/113 - 1/115 scale B-47A (??) Stratojet and a Novo (ex-Frog) 1/96 scale Lancaster.

I'll quote from the ATF ; ". . . . approx 75% of the collection still exists I'm posting the undamaged/lightly repaired containerised models in my portfolio, but lots are in the "damaged to be repaired/rebuilt" box, mostly the big stuff and ships that is. Lots were damaged to some degree or scrapped after my elder brother destroyed what you see in a 1984 temper tantrum"

Here's a link to my ATF Portfolio as mentioned above, I'd be too embarrassed to post a lot of my builds here;  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/faaman-s-portfolio-t29250.html

The thing with the "Final Countdown" is that the "Zeros" used are actually modified Harvards, and why, when they were going after the Japanese aircraft attacking force did they launch A-7s and A-6s? Also the F-14As could've shot down a lot of aircraft BVR at 120miles with their AWG-9/AIM-54 Phoenix. Still it is fun to watch the "Zeros" being "played with" like a cat (Tomcat) with a mouse.

I think the 'Zeros' were originally converted for the film 'Tora Tora Tora'.  I suppose the film's producers decided that BVR might not have been quite as exciting as a dogfight! 

19 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

I've got that film,'The Final Countdown'; it's great isn't it! I'd love to see similar films made, how about a Battle of Britain where we have Phantoms & Lightnings to bat down the Jerry swarms? Or even further back, a flight of Harriers mysteriously encounters a storm, only to land in a field near Hastings in 1066 ...

Love that old Bucc artwork! It looks like somebody has shot down an AEW Skyraider too. Can't have been one of those unarmed NA.39s can it!? Fabulous inaccurate American sensationalism there.

It reminds me a bit of the pictures I used to draw when I was a kid.  Just a little bit too much going on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First, Favorite, Finest

Return to Hobby: Monogram A-10 1/48

Constructed in 2009, this is the model that got me back into the hobby after a decade long absence.  While recovering from a broken foot, I needed to find a bit of occupation so I found two Monogram A-10s in the stash gave one to my son and we embarked on a mini-group build.   A fairly good kit needing only a few tweaks and finished in the markings of the 57th Fighter Wing based at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas Nevada.  Raised panel lines were removed and replaced with scribed.  I left as much of the raised rivet detail as I could in prototypical areas.  The fit of the kit was a bit of a challenge, shimming, trimming and filling was often required!  The only aftermarket part used was a resin seat, much easier than detailing the kit piece.  The kit represents an early A-10, the additions and modifications to circa 2005 fitment done with various bits of styrene.  With just a little bit of work the venerable Monogram kit can be built into a fairly accurate looking model.

MFdHSux.jpg?1

Favorite:  Aurora Gotha G V. 1/48

Constructed circa 1986 the Gotha is a favorite as it was one of the last projects completed before venturing off from my family home. Many an enjoyable evening was spent building models across from my dad at a large double-sided desk in our modelling room and this model brings back those wonderful memories. 

An original Aurora Gotha G. V kit, the one with the hard and brittle red plastic, only the basic airframe parts, fuselage, wings and tails, and engine nacelles were used. The propellers were carved from basswood and engines built up from aluminum tubing and styrene. Interior was an educated guess at the time, built up from styrene and thin basswood sheet. Not much aftermarket was available back then, and I was not aware of what little was available.

No decals were available at the time to represent the printed fabric used on the original, so the camouflage was hand painted. I used the process of painting the lozenge as a stress relief break as I was finishing my aerospace engineering degree at the time I built the model. When my studies became too stressful, I'd paint one color on one section. One color on one side of one wing panel or fuselage side took 30 mins, just enough time to clear my head! The pattern was traced with pencil around a nut.  Tamiya acrylics thinned with alcohol were used for all the camouflage and markings. I can't remember what colors exactly, but only the purple was mixed the rest were used right out of the bottle. All painting including markings was done by brush.

ii7gsAK.jpg?1

Finest: CASA 2.111 (converted  1/48 Monogram Heinkel He-111)

Completed in 2012 This is one of a pair of Monogram He-111 converted into Spanish built CASA 2.111s that were used to portray Heinkel He-111Hs in the movie “Battle of Britain”.  Inspired by my very good friend whom I blame as the instigator to most of my more challenging projects, The CASAs are part of a BoB ‘Movie Stars’ series build.  Chosen as my finest because in addition to the obvious use of Merlin powerplants the license-built CASA differs in almost every detail from the Heinkel.  Resin aftermarket Merlin engines intended for a Lancaster were adapted and the rest of the conversion scratch-built.  Much of the satisfaction of the project comes from the research done on the subject of the film itself that along with Tora Tora Tora and Catch 22 arguably began the warbird preservation movement and one is of my favorite movies.

KVjkCYH.jpg?1

In an act of unabashed personal promotion, the below link is to the WIP thread for this project.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/78051-casa-2111-18june12-final-update-before-completion/&

Eric aka The Yankymodeler

Edited by Yankymodeler
  • Like 14

21 minutes ago, Yankymodeler said:

First, Favorite, Finest

Return to Hobby: Monogram A-10 1/48

Constructed in 2009, this is the model that got me back into the hobby after a decade long absence.  While recovering from a broken foot, I needed to find a bit of occupation so I found two Monogram A-10s in the stash gave one to my son and we embarked on a mini-group build.   A fairly good kit needing only a few tweaks and finished in the markings of the 57th Fighter Wing based at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas Nevada.  Raised panel lines were removed and replaced with scribed.  I left as much of the raised rivet detail as I could in prototypical areas.  The fit of the kit was a bit of a challenge, shimming, trimming and filling was often required!  The only aftermarket part used was a resin seat, much easier than detailing the kit piece.  The kit represents an early A-10, the additions and modifications to circa 2005 fitment done with various bits of styrene.  With just a little bit of work the venerable Monogram kit can be built into a fairly accurate looking model.

MFdHSux.jpg?1

Favorite:  Aurora Gotha G V. 1/48

Constructed circa 1986 the Gotha is a favorite as it was one of the last projects completed before venturing off from my family home. Many an enjoyable evening was spent building models across from my dad at a large double-sided desk in our modelling room and this model brings back those wonderful memories. 

An original Aurora Gotha G. V kit, the one with the hard and brittle red plastic, only the basic airframe parts, fuselage, wings and tails, and engine nacelles were used. The propellers were carved from basswood and engines built up from aluminum tubing and styrene. Interior was an educated guess at the time, built up from styrene and thin basswood sheet. Not much aftermarket was available back then, and I was not aware of what little was available.

No decals were available at the time to represent the printed fabric used on the original, so the camouflage was hand painted. I used the process of painting the lozenge as a stress relief break as I was finishing my aerospace engineering degree at the time I built the model. When my studies became too stressful, I'd paint one color on one section. One color on one side of one wing panel or fuselage side took 30 mins, just enough time to clear my head! The pattern was traced with pencil around a nut.  Tamiya acrylics thinned with alcohol were used for all the camouflage and markings. I can't remember what colors exactly, but only the purple was mixed the rest were used right out of the bottle. All painting including markings was done by brush.

ii7gsAK.jpg?1

Finest: CASA 2.111 (converted  1/48 Monogram Heinkel He-111)

Completed in 2012 This is one of a pair of Monogram He-111 converted into Spanish built CASA 2.111s that were used to portray Heinkel He-111Hs in the movie “Battle of Britain”.  Inspired by my very good friend whom I blame as the instigator to most of my more challenging projects, The CASAs are part of a BoB ‘Movie Stars’ series build.  Chosen as my finest because in addition to the obvious use of Merlin powerplants the license-built CASA differs in almost every detail from the Heinkel.  Resin aftermarket Merlin engines intended for a Lancaster were adapted and the rest of the conversion scratch-built.  Much of the satisfaction of the project comes from the research done on one of the film projects (along with Tora Tora Tora and Catch 22) that arguably began the warbird preservation movement and one of my favorite movies.

KVjkCYH.jpg?1

In an act of unabashed personal promotion, the below link is to the WIP thread for this project.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/78051-casa-2111-18june12-final-update-before-completion/&

Eric aka The Yankymodeler

Oh wow.  Three fantastic models.  I really like them all but the Gotha is outstanding.  It's funny that you used the painting process for stress relief.  I think it would have had exactly the opposite affect on me!  Brilliant modelling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Funny post...

Obviously, I haven't pictures of my first model... but I remember the kit... F-15 Italeri 1/72 (a present by my mother at the end of the school)... It was 1995 or 1996...

I tryed model on 1/72th and 1/48th scale... After 5 or 6 models... I preferred the 1/48th scale...

My favourite model is the B-17G 1/48 Monogram... If I don't wrong, I built it 17 - 18 years ago... Another 2 kits are on my warehouse yet. 

And at the end, how said the mith Enzo Ferrari,  I think that my finest model... is the last...

Bf-109E4 Eduard 1/48...

German cross (wings and fuselage) and number 13 are painted with mask, green stripes are made by free hand following the pictures

42415980501_09c572e59e_k.jpg064 by Matteo Zarantonello, su Flickr

42415965991_2e84494e0b_k.jpg067 by Matteo Zarantonello, su Flickr

:bye:

• Like 9