MAN - Burnt Out Cab

54 minutes ago, RichO said:

Beautiful work!

Thank you kindly

47 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Wow seems rather lame but that is astonishing!

I hope it was insured........

Trevor

Thank you Trevor. We can assume it was insured. :)

That’s absolutely fantastic. It really does look like the real thing. 

Theres more skill in that one one model than I’m ever likely to muster so I’m hesitant to try and critique it but I have one observation; wouldn’t the mudguard on that middle axle show some signs of distortion from the heat? As far as I know those things are usually plastic?

42 minutes ago, goggsy said:

That’s absolutely fantastic. It really does look like the real thing. 

Theres more skill in that one one model than I’m ever likely to muster so I’m hesitant to try and critique it but I have one observation; wouldn’t the mudguard on that middle axle show some signs of distortion from the heat? As far as I know those things are usually plastic?

Thank you. Regarding the mudguard; maybe. But, it seems not in all cases, I guess. I have photo that I will add when I get access to a computer, so you can see one of my many reference photo. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Another masterpiece: having seen quite a few similar wrecks on the hard shoulders of the M20 and M25 in my past life it looks very realistic.  

Thank you for your verification Richard. While I was building this, I found many burn out wrecks of different variations on the net. Amazing how they look and how each differ when the fire burns out. 

17 minutes ago, tiking said:

Thank you. Regarding the mudguard; maybe. But, it seems not in all cases, I guess. I have photo that I will add when I get access to a computer, so you can see one of my many reference photo. 

Fair play. I notice lorry mudguards quite a lot at the moment as I nearly had one through my windscreen on the A69 the other day after a blowout ripped it from the chassis! Hope you don’t mind me nitpicking, as I say it’s a superb piece of work.

4 hours ago, goggsy said:

Fair play. I notice lorry mudguards quite a lot at the moment as I nearly had one through my windscreen on the A69 the other day after a blowout ripped it from the chassis! Hope you don’t mind me nitpicking, as I say it’s a superb piece of work.

It's all good. I am no truck driver or an expert in the field. When I started building this, There were hardly any reference photos of  M. A. N. Truck that had been burnt except for the TGx versions. So I just started downloading photos of other trucks with similar characteristics and went on from there. Then for specific info about this particular truck, I posted questions in regards to the type of materials used, so I would know how to weather them in this type of sceneries. 

I got some good info but would have preferred more. So I just used deductive reasoning to fill in the blanks. 

Edited by tiking
  • Like 1

Hej Tiking, this is absolutely stunning, I am into weathering on trucks myself, but this is way beyond anything I have seen before. I aspire to be able to do something like this. Very well done.

Laurence.

2 hours ago, laurencecassidy said:

Hej Tiking, this is absolutely stunning, I am into weathering on trucks myself, but this is way beyond anything I have seen before. I aspire to be able to do something like this. Very well done.

Laurence.

Thank you for your kind words. I kinda have a thing for weathering. Always have. I just learn to fine tune for every weathering challenges. 

4 hours ago, brianthemodeller said:

That is superb! I love the attention to detail - particularly how you have detailed the cab interior.

I did something similar in 1:50 a few years ago that graced the pages of TMW but yours knocks mine into s cocked hat!

Thank for your candid and modest comment. Do you still have photos of that 1:50 you did back then? 

44 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Brilliant and realistic model. A fire in the cab was one thing that I used to dread when I was driving.....thankfully, it never happened.

John.

I can surely agree with you John. I do not think any driver would ever want to experience something of this magnitude. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Wow.....That is outstanding!  :thumbsup:

Is there a WIP thread for it?  :pray:

Thank you. Unfortunately, no wipe. This was supposed to be a more of  trail and error project. I did not really expect it to turn out this good. 

12 hours ago, Steve_farrier said:

That’s pretty epic! Great weathering! 

Thanks. Glad you think so. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

tiking....

:wow:   Look exactly like a lorry  fire I attended to on duty a few years ago.

EXEMPLARY , EXCELLENT  work..  great looking Diorama.

PERFECTION...

:yikes::goodjob:    KUDOS.    :worthy: