MAN - Burnt Out Cab

I have been experimenting lately with different burnt out effects lately. As you can see in some pics I have tried simulating carbon fibers as they literally tear into almost thread-like material, by using disinfection wipes. It looks 'OK' but not quite perfect. I have added more modulation effects on the cab and more weathering on the overall cab and truck as a whole. I think , I am satisfied with the results , especially, after taking some outside photos of the model. What do you guys think?

MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo2-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo3-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo4-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo5-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo6-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo7-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo8-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo9-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo10-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo11-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo12-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo13-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo14-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo15-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo16-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo17-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo18-vi.jpg

MAN_outside_photo3-vi.jpg

AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo19-vi.jpg

Edited by tiking
  • Like 45

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Incredible, certainly convincing enough that I don't want to question or criticise any aspect of it, save maybe , would the right tyre be as complete as that?

Steve.

Thanks. Actually, the right has a flat. Difficult to see it. With all the ash surrounding it. It was more prominent before adding enough ashes. 

2 hours ago, Vicarage Vee said:

Utterly fantastic. Amazing skill and execution of observations. 

Agree with Steve about the offside tyre.

The tyre on the right is a flat. Difficult to see with all the ash surrounding it. And yes, I got the idea from a reference photo off the net. As a matter of fact, I found quite a few photos like that roaming around the net. 

Edited by tiking

That is very good, as realistic as any I've ever been to, I would say though the other front tyre would be gone with that amount of damage to the vehicle. Very convincing though as a couple of days after the event type of dio. Nicely done.

4 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Very convincing. 

Well done.

Thank you kindly. 

4 hours ago, colin said:

Read the title and looked at the first photo and thought it was a reference picture of a real truck, outstanding

Thanks for that. 

4 hours ago, DAG058 said:

Superb work, I like this a lot. 

Glad you do. Appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, Parabat said:

That is excellent, the colours, the textures, it all looks exceptionally real. I love the wire plies on the burnt out front left tire. Top notch.

I could have done it better. But thank you kindly. 

3 hours ago, bhouse said:

That's fantastic  and completely convincing.

If you aren't already working as a master prop designer/maker for Industrial Light & Magic you should be!

Too kind. Inspiring words. I do appreciate it your candacy. 

2 hours ago, phildagreek said:

That is very good, as realistic as any I've ever been to, I would say though the other front tyre would be gone with that amount of damage to the vehicle. Very convincing though as a couple of days after the event type of dio. Nicely done.

Thanks for the comment. I guess in most cases depending on the degree of the fire and where it was most intense. I have seen photos with similar attributes.  I got the idea from a reference photo.

BTW, the right tyre is flat. It is difficult to see it with a the ashes around it. 

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Fantastic build, hope it wasn't an insurance job.

In situations like this, you never know. ;)

• Like 1

Dam, I haven’t visited this thread  before but I honestly believed it was a real wreck, until I studied the images more closely. Remarkably well done. It truly looks burnt out.

Edited by Nils

1 hour ago, m.webb63 said:

Fantastic, looks great photographed outside too

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Nils said:

Dam, I haven’t visited this thread  before but I honestly believed it was a real wreck, until I studied the images more closely. Remarkably well done. It truly looks burnt out.

Thanks. That warmed my heart. 

4 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Go on, admit it, you went out and torched that truck and took pictures with a drone didn't you? I'm gobsmacked. That is stunning.

Haha! I'd wish. It would make trying to weather it less painful.