A-6E Intruder 1/72 Italeri

Hi Folks,

This is the italeri model mostly built OOB. Not the best kit ever but good enough to get a correct Intruder. I only added miscellaneous details, relocated some fences on the wing, drilled some holes and applied some filler (wings, windscreen...). The only extra parts are the decals from Hi-Decal Line. I used H308, H307 Gunze paints. Hope you like it.

Cheers 

vvoi.jpg

o0qv.jpg

a4qq.jpg

upvx.jpg

77fm.jpg

qcmw.jpg

k8ht.jpg

tsm0.jpg

• Like 44

Very, very nice indeed.  You have certainly captured the patchy weathered appearance of a carrier bird very well, without going overboard.

Andrew 

you have achieved a beautiful rendition of this iconic bomb truck! Shame nonetheless that it is not in gull grey over white scheme!

Congrats!

JR

Hi Pelican,

I think you were very polite with the phrasing that "you applied SOME filler".

As I remember this kit is a little bit tricky...

I really love your paint job,especially the painting of details (wheels for example).

Excellent.

Regards,Laz

Now that is one very very nice Intruder. I loved that aeroplane in its heyday, and your rendition does it full justice. The finish and weathering look superb, and loaded with the Rockeye's and the Harm (I don't think its a Shrike?) it so looks the part.

Well done!

Terry

Thank you for your kind comments. Indeed @Terry1954 , it is AGM88 HARM by Italeri (some noze shape issue there)

Edited by Pelican
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...