Douglas EF-10B Skyknight (Matchbox)

Thank you all for kind comments! I think that the Sword kit is a better starting point than the old Matchbox, but I had already started the build when Sword issued their kit. And stubborn as I am I try to finish projects that I have started.

Ragnar

Hello Ragnar,

Welcome to the club !

You really did great, That's a greatrendition of the Skyknight !!

And started from the Matchbox,I have the kit so I can understand what you did with your !!

That's a promising start !

I'm struggling with the 1/48 one from CMK, but mine will ba a Korean night fighter !

Really great job !

Sincerely !

Corsaircorp

• Thanks 1

Are you sure that's the old Matchbox kit? Yowzah! If this is your first effort, I would be afraid to see your next one! You absolutely transformed this old kit to a state of the art model! You are a real model builder, not an assembler!

Mike

• Thanks 1

There's plenty of Matchbox kit lovers on this site and that my friend is one of the best (if not the best) examples of the classic Skyknight that I've come across. I've got this kit in the stash, however have doubts I would be able to reach this standard with my pieces of coloured plastic. Please be sure to look out for the next Matchbox Group Build so that we can all comment and marvel at your work. 

Welcome to BM and thanks for posting. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

On 26/04/2018 at 04:37, stevej60 said:

The folk's at Matchbox would have been proud of this I'm sure, beautifully done.

I was going to say that... 😄 It's a very fine Skyknight.

• Like 1

Lovely, lovely work, Ragnar! I think it’s the razor-sharp canopy frames that really set this one apart. Always loved the Skyknight, and this is the best scale rendition I’ve come across. The fact it’s a Matchbix kit is, frankly, jaw-dropping.