Hallo from a Beginner

Beginner

Hallo there, I used to build model kits with my dad when I was 10-14 years old almoust 20 years ago. Remember it being a big hobby of his, and recently on a yardsale I found a box with 15 model plane kits in them, so I thought I just buy it all and start building kits again myself.

I am mainly here to read through your threads and find tips on how to build and might be asking advice here and then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Hello and welcome to BM.

Good catch on the yard sale!

There's something in here for everybody regardless of age or skill.

I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome :)

I hope to learn to build up my skills in moddeling here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello ... :welcome: to the Forum and back to modeling. Place your questions in the Military or civilian aircraft sections and sit back. Sooner or later someone will be along with the answers. 

Dennis

Hey thank you for the warm welcome and advice, I followed it and opened a topic there. Thanks.

Hello, and :welcome:to Britmodeller, I am Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. Both DennisTheBear, and Dennis are correct about the knowledge and help on this site. It is a great place to be. You are very typical of the people here; so, you should fit in just fine. I read your thread; you did get a bargain with that purchase. My interests are 1/72nd aircraft, any era. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

Welcome aboard, mate.  I'm a beginner myself and can tell you from experience the lads on here are aces when it comes to helpful advice.  They've saved ma all kinds of grief.  Usually, if you ask a question a couple of guys will have answered it in detail while you're waiting for a bit of glue on the pilot's bum to set.