1/48 - Fairey Britten Norman BN-2A/B & T (Turbo) Islander by Valom - released - new boxing

Homebee

While I like this kit and will no doubt get a few can everyone please refrain from posting copyrighted pictures to the thread.

Julien

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

And the bonus of possibly the worst painting ever of the Isle of Wight on the box art of G-AVCN.... My house would be under water! But great to see 1:48th  Islander, love to see a Trislander too -that will be in the markings of the one I was on, that took 3 days to get from Southampton to Alderney.... To be fair the first 2 days were:

fly to Alderney.... I'ts fogbound.... fly back to Southampton... The beginning of some of the best few months I had teaching.

• 1 month later...

Yes, would love to see some shots of the kit if you have time. 

I take it there’s no diffference in the plastic between the different boxes? I’ll be building as the FIGAS aircraft so I’m interested in the plastic only.

• Like 2

Looks great I will have to get one.BUT...... that underwing registration for 'VCN is so definitely wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure of it. Far too big and of a size that was used a lot in the 1930s and hardly at all  in the 60's onwards. Where did they get the info of such a big underwing reg??. The underwing reg should only be under the port wing orientated to read from the front.

Thanks for the sprue shots, just ordered mine.

Are Valom releasing a Trislander kit? I'm just wondering what the triangular extensions on the fuselage frame are for?

If you look at the wingtip extensions on the fuselage frame they are of a similar shape to the fin above the centre engine on a Trislander.

Jeff.

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
Having looked closer at the Trislander...

8 minutes ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Are Valom releasing a Trislander kit? I'm just wondering what the triangular extensions on the fuselage frame are for?

Jeff.

Probably the extended wing tips These are depicted  on the Airfix kit.

3 hours ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Jeff.

Hi Jeff those triangular things are the extended wingtips..

Not needed for this version...

The Logan air version and Israeli version was also available so all three kits are available!!

As i am building one at the moment i must say that it is a pretty simple but well detailed kit on the outside!

Cockpit detail is good enough, cabin seats are sparse in detail..

These seats can be different per operator, there is only one variation on those

The clear parts are very crisp and clear..

And i am building one but i am not doing a build review guys due to the lack of time!

Cheers and have fun with this one as i will,

Jan

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, Andre B said:

Airfix, where are your 1/72 moulds... ?

Hopefully they will be dusted off so that the kit can resurface as part of the Vintage Classics range

Allan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Hi Jeff those triangular things are the extended wingtips..

Not needed for this version...

The Logan air version and Israeli version was also available so all three kits are available!!

As i am building one at the moment i must say that it is a pretty simple but well detailed kit on the outside!

Cockpit detail is good enough, cabin seats are sparse in detail..

These seats can be different per operator, there is only one variation on those

The clear parts are very crisp and clear..

And i am building one but i am not doing a build review guys due to the lack of time!

Cheers and have fun with this one as i will,

Jan

Jan

Any chance we can see the inside of the fuselage Sprue