1/48 - Fairey Britten Norman BN-2A/B & T (Turbo) Islander by Valom - released - new boxing

Homebee

Source: https://www.facebook.com/www.valom.net/photos/a.515115635354850/955252398007836/

(...) next kit: Belgian BN-2, Danish Air Force Home Guard, (+Italy)

Box art - ref. 48011 - Fairey/Britten-Norman BN-2A Islander (Belgian Air Component)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/208070375871052/photos/a.208144655863624/2270621416282594/?type=3&theater

48359080.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't built mine yet, but from the Czech forum Homebee has linked to, it doesn't appear to cause too many issues, just needs a little bit of modelling to put together. No big deal. 

A Trislander would be great.

Jeff 

Always loved that bird and also got one copy, but stand by to start with building,

as I would have like to drop flaps a bit and other control surfaces diferently positionned.

It's a STOL airplane and that must be seen through the model !

so waiting for any after market...

ps: I bought the "British Airways" version, very nice from this IB vendor "gucio2001"

Edited by rafju
IB info

A bit OTT in the PE! 😂

But she looks like a beautiful kit. In the absence of an RAF version, the IAF kit is now on my wish list.  Does anyone have the paint callouts yet while I'm on a paint shopping spree?

On 12/2/2018 at 12:50 PM, 26Decals said:

Yes there will be an RAF version with the additional turbine engine parts etc included in due course and the current kit release does include the pointy nose as well as the standard nose cone.

Having put a tape measure to the full size Islander AL1 at Middle Wallop I fear that the kit will also need new wing panels. The turbine engines are slimmer than the piston engines (30 inches instead of 36), meaning that the rivet line for the engine nacelle on the flap in the kit is 1/8 inch too wide, there is also an oil cooler above the engine on the leading edge and the vents either side of the engine under the wing differ from the current kit as well. 

All these changes will be needed for a civil BN2T, for the RAF and AAC Islanders there will also be numerous lumps and bumps , additional glazing and a veritable forrest of aerials needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Available Caracal Models - CD48153 - Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander

http://caracalmodels.com/cd48153.html

The options on this sheet are:

• Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander "G-AXDH", "Red Devils" Parachute Team
  • Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander "G-HEBS", Hebridean Air Service
  • Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander "G-AXWR", Aurigny Air Service
  • Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander "AS9819", Armed Forces of Malta

cd48153profiles.jpg

cd48153tn.jpg

V.P.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

The odds of a 1:48 Trislander have shortened considerably - I've started cutting up a pair of Islanders ...

Oh so true.  Now you've started Valom will definitely announce a Trislander 

• Like 1

Having had the opertunity to put a tape measure across ZG993 during her reassembly at Middle Wallop I’ll be interested to see how they handle the engine nacelles which are 6 inches narrower on the BN 2T compared to the piston engine versions. I’m looking forward to this version of the kit and just how close to 993 I can get it as she is covered in numerous lumps, bumps, camera hatches and a veritable Forrest of antennas. All of which changed frequently during her operational career as did the paint schemes. I might have to buy several.

• Like 1