USAF Two letter Tail codes

Hello everyone ... Im not sure if this has been posted before. I was researching the Two letter tail code’s for the USAF. I came across this site. http://www.military.cz/usa/air/air_accessories/usaf_tail_cod/usaf_tail_cod.htm

Maybe it will help someone looking for a specific code. They also list units assigned, as well as aircraft types assigned to the specific codes. 

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for posting this Dennis.  The listing appears to be of current aircraft types, Wings/Sqn and locations etc., and it's got me asking "is there another listing of similar data previous periods?"  Similar data from the 1950's to the 1990's for example.

Mike

• Like 1

There is a Schiffer tail code book out there which has a good listing, and being an older book it will have the earlier tail codes.

• Thanks 2

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:26 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ok @bootneck ... I found this one for USAF Vietnam. http://www.usaf-sig.org/Forum/index.php?topic=330.0

I’ll keep looking for more. 

Jeez, Louise, Dennis! I was just getting ready to post the same list! Great minds, right? How are you doing, friend?

Mike

• Like 1

Hey Mike @72modeler

I'm surviving a bit nervous as i have my first appointment at SOC. Sec. for Disabilty in 2 weeks. How are you ? Glad to see you made it back on B/m. I read how you got blocked out in your Black Widow review. Im Finishing up an F-18 hornet in the Carrier grp. Build & Getting ready to start an Me. 262 in that group build. What have you been up to ? Hope everything is good by you ?

Dennis

Ps - sorry i beat you to the punch on the tail codes. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hey Mike @72modeler

I'm surviving a bit nervous as i have my first appointment at SOC. Sec. for Disabilty in 2 weeks. How are you ? Glad to see you made it back on B/m. I read how you got blocked out in your Black Widow review. Im Finishing up an F-18 hornet in the Carrier grp. Build & Getting ready to start an Me. 262 in that group build. What have you been up to ? Hope everything is good by you ?

Dennis

Ps - sorry i beat you to the punch on the tail codes. 

Thanks for thinking about me. RU doing a two-seater? My favorite is Red 10, and will either detail and correct the flaws on the Hasegawa 262b or will wait for the new Airfix release, but I don't understand why they left out the vent details on the engine nacelles- not a deal-breaker, as they look to have gotten almost everything right, but shouldn't have to put in a very obvious and essential detail...oh well, you pays your money- you takes your choice! Getting fierce flak from my two best modeling buddies to get off my butt and come out of retirement; now that my hobby room has been cleaned up, I have no excuse. No problem- I was literally typing in the response on the tail code question when my laptop dinged and there you were! Scared the c--- out of me!

Mike

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sorry for scaring the 💩 out of you. No im planning a captured post war NMF 262 at Wright-Pat. In 1945-46. Going to use the H/boss easy build kit but put some extra detail into the office and maybe more. 

Markings? My favorite Watson's Whizzers jet is the Me-262a with the 50mm cannon. I have attached a link to a You Tube video that shows it and its cannon- excuse the cheesy music! I have the MPM kit of this version, and will use the nose cap, gun, nose gear doors, and markings from it on one of my Hasegawa 262a's. A shame it wasn't preserved for a museum. Good to hear from you, Dennis.

Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oEq9Pb22Yo

• Like 1