A10 Warthog – Italeri, Academy, Hasegawa or somebody else?

I fancy building an A10, well… adding an A10 to me stash to be more accurate, and was wondering who did the best at around the £15 mark.

Not terribly bothered about 100% authenticity. Am terribly bothered about poor fit, sink and ejector pin marks and rubbish canopies.

Image result for italeri a10

or

Image result for academy a10 warthog

or

Image result for hasegawa a10

Edited by Harry_the_Spider

Italeri and Academy have recessed panel lines, while Hasegawa has raised ones.  IIRC the Academy kit has the door for the pilot's ladder facing backwards, which is kind of a big "Oops".   Personally, I've gone with the Italeri kit when insulating the attic.

Regards,

Murph

• Thanks 1

I just received Hasegawa Greg's A-10 from Area88, all of their newer tooled A-10 are going to be C models, molds are showing their age as there is lot of flash all around.

In the past I tried to build two Hasegawa A-10s which were from late 90's but one had a serious problems around the nose gear area and the other one had jumpy wings, so nothing that some evergreen and putty could fix,sadly I never finished them as they got damage during house moving

Italeri A-10 had a good fit and once again putty was needed here and there,can't say anything about Academy as I had them as reserve and then I sold them.

Luigi

• Thanks 1

The Academy is one of their early kits (unless they retooled it) and I think is heavily „inspired“ by Hase - most of their early kits are recessed-detail copies of Fujimi, Hase, Airfix and Frog. A kit which likely can be had cheaply would be the Airfix, which is somewhat beefy in some areas, and may suffer from some sink marks hence.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, tempestfan said:

A kit which likely can be had cheaply would be the Airfix, which is somewhat beefy in some areas, and may suffer from some sink marks hence.

That would be a kit from the grim Palitoy years.  I would take some convincing that it offered any advantages over the Italeri kit.  Haven't seen the Academy one.

• Thanks 1

Grim Palitoy years ? I admit they were rather variable in finesse, but the Sea Sprite is still a gem. But we’re talking hogs here of course. I‘d place that one in the middle of the scale. Given Italeri‘s rather sketchy track record for accuracy in the past 20 years or so, I‘m not so sure if it is better than Airfix in that department - if that’s an issue. I bought Airfix and Aca at the same time way back when, and the Airfix has some aspects that looked better to me at the time.

Bought!

I'm discovering that kits are very much like bikes*, in that you can apply the following formula:

x = n+1

Where x is the number of kits you NEED and n is the number of kits you have.

*I have 6 1/2 bikes

• Like 1