Phantom - Lambert Field, May 1982

RidgeRunner

Hi once again all,

I just couldn't resist posting a few more Phantoms. These are from the 110st Tactical Fighter Squadron, Missouri Air National Guard. They were taken at Lambert Field, alongside St. Louis' main airport. In addition to the F-4s you can see that they operated T-33s as well as maintaining the Govenor's Convair.

pha3

STL8

STL2

STL4

STL23

STL22

STL21

STL20

STL24

STL26

STL3

As always, I hope you like them :)

Martin

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Great photo's - I love the detail of the fuel collector tanks attached to the fuel dump masts at the wing fold trailing edge- not something I've seen before- but obviously needed as the fuel in the wings expands under that hot Missouri sun! 

Thanks so much for sharing. 

I gotta do a SEAC Phantom soon. 

16 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Another great set with aircraft in the transition from one scheme to the next.

Thank you.

That's right, mate. In fact across that time, particularly with the Hercs (yet to come), there were original SEA, wrap around and Europe 1 schemes. Many machines then carrying wing tanks etc that didn't match the airframe scheme. There was also a mix of red, white and blue stars and bars and monotone, toned versions. 

I like the the tool box tricycle too in the last image (my favourite F-4 shot) ;)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

.................I like the the tool box tricycle too in the last image (my favourite F-4 shot) ;)

Martin

Sure we could get you your very own!

Maintenance around the petro/chemical industry use 'em in places there is a chance of things going BANG!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...