Corsair - Tulsa, May 1982

RidgeRunner

Hi again chaps,

I've deviated from the Phantom to pick out a different jet type, the LTV A-7D Corsair II. These images were taken during a visit to the 125th Tactical Fighter Squadron at Tulsa, Oklahoma. I hope there are some SLUF lovers out there?

TUL4

TUL7

TUL5

TUL6 copy

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
typo! .... Back to original ..SLUF,
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Great photo's Martin..........BUT!................their the WRONG model, should be an 'E'

AND the colours (colors :tease:) wrong obviously, should be Gull Grey (Gray) over White :whistle:

Paul

Ah, Paul! Be patient ;). All good things come to those who wait ........ ;). Do you accept B-models too?

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

Finally some properly dirty planes!

It's weird that the first plane in the first pic doesn't have a tail ANG badge. 

I love A-7s. Everybody complains about the A-10, but the ol SUFF really got short changed by the USAF brass.

Great pics! Keep them coming!

Edited by Thud4444

6 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Ah, Paul! Be patient ;). All good things come to those who wait ........ ;). Do you accept B-models too?

Martin

Oh, YES!!!

27 minutes ago, Red Dot said:

note the blanked out badge on the last one too

Nah! Not blanked, he lost it while practicing a Khe sanh approach, their only held on with velcro..........:whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

Just found these, very nice as usual. I love that you post several aircraft from the same squadron, it's surprising how they can differ sometimes in the detail and marking, as noted by others comments. '959 looks very clean and fresh, whilst '014 has a rather more worn look. Good options and references for modelling. 

Short Little Ugly.......Fellah?, well that's close enough for a family friendly forum :)