As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

replicant

Hasegawa Northrop T-38A Talon

Hello Britmodellers!

This is my oldy 1967er Hasegawa T-38A Talon, finished in 1999/2000, only one picture by me before this. Decals were altered originals and from Microscale. Pilot is borrowed from a Monogram F-15.

It´s a German one in USA with a first solo flight, 60ties model and a hybrid between old Hase and the much better cockpit and spine section and other parts of an Italeri F-5F, wrong wingspan is greater now too, correct intakes are handmade. It can (without moving the front wheel) flip the rudder and make 5 mph while canopy open only by that (i loved Flipper and other dolphins so much), a little bit of a what if, mates!

BTW the box: i was always and i am a non-smoker!

Cheers,

Thomas

t38_0050t38_0058t38_0060t38_0063t38_0066t38_0073t38_0080t38_0082t38_0086

Edited by replicant
typo

I really like this, well done, I built one of these in Thunderbirds colours many years ago- yours looks very realistic. 

Great looking Talon there Thomas, beautiful finish to the paint job.

Very nice. The F-5B/T-38 is a pretty machine and you've captured that beautifully here.

Martin

20 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice. The F-5B/T-38 is a pretty machine and you've captured that beautifully here.

21 hours ago, russ c said:

Great looking Talon there Thomas, beautiful finish to the paint job.

20 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Fantastic finish,love it:D

Hello mates,

Thank you all seven! Yes, for me the Talon is one of the best looking planes ever. And she is a real sportsplane and pilots plane like the F-5 and so ideal for example Top Gun. I will keep her good!

Cheers

Thomas

Very nice finish of a great looking aircraft. :like:

Excellent work, good to see a driver in his office, beautifully finished B)B)

Congratulations for this Wonderful build Thomas, really deserves to replicate.

I always has been a T-38/F-5 fan and have some of them in my stash to be built, hope to get a litle closer as your at least in 40% and will be more than happy with the result.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Thank you, guys!

Have F-5As, Bs and one F-20 in my stash, if i hadnt so much to do for ModellFan they were already built!  :waiting:

Cheers,

Thomas

Knowing what the base kit looks like (more F-5B than T-38), this is an excellent result.

You have really done a wonderful job with this kit and the hard work has paid off handsomly.

Very well modelled and photgraphed.

Cheers.. Dave

Stunning work from such an old kit

That is really nice. I have one of these set aside for a NASA example and I'd delighted if mine turned out anywhere near as good as that.

Really nice T-38. You have turned this into something special. Can I ask what paints you used for the orange?

Cheers

Terry

On 07/05/2018 at 21:09, Terry1954 said:

Really nice T-38. You have turned this into something special. Can I ask what paints you used for the orange? 

Hello mates,

thank you that you like it!!!

Cheers,

Thomas

PS: color was (and i am happy i have some fresh cans left) classic Humbrol Color 192 Matt Blaze FS 28915/RAL 2005 Leuchtorange, a color used both by Luftwaffe and USAF (this Talon is Luftwaffe owned with stars n bars)