Hasegawa Northrop T-38A Talon

Hello Britmodellers!

This is my oldy 1967er Hasegawa T-38A Talon, finished in 1999/2000, only one picture by me before this. Decals were altered originals and from Microscale. Pilot is borrowed from a Monogram F-15.

It´s a German one in USA with a first solo flight, 60ties model and a hybrid between old Hase and the much better cockpit and spine section and other parts of an Italeri F-5F, wrong wingspan is greater now too, correct intakes are handmade. It can (without moving the front wheel) flip the rudder and make 5 mph while canopy open only by that (i loved Flipper and other dolphins so much), a little bit of a what if, mates!

BTW the box: i was always and i am a non-smoker!

Cheers,

Thomas

t38_0050t38_0058t38_0060t38_0063t38_0066t38_0073t38_0080t38_0082t38_0086

Edited by replicant
typo
  • Like 34

20 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice. The F-5B/T-38 is a pretty machine and you've captured that beautifully here.

21 hours ago, russ c said:

Great looking Talon there Thomas, beautiful finish to the paint job.

20 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Fantastic finish,love it:D

Hello mates,

Thank you all seven! Yes, for me the Talon is one of the best looking planes ever. And she is a real sportsplane and pilots plane like the F-5 and so ideal for example Top Gun. I will keep her good!

Cheers

Thomas

Congratulations for this Wonderful build Thomas, really deserves to replicate.

I always has been a T-38/F-5 fan and have some of them in my stash to be built, hope to get a litle closer as your at least in 40% and will be more than happy with the result.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Thank you, guys!

Have F-5As, Bs and one F-20 in my stash, if i hadnt so much to do for ModellFan they were already built!  :waiting:

Cheers,

Thomas

Knowing what the base kit looks like (more F-5B than T-38), this is an excellent result.

You have really done a wonderful job with this kit and the hard work has paid off handsomly.

Very well modelled and photgraphed.

Cheers.. Dave

On 07/05/2018 at 21:09, Terry1954 said:

Really nice T-38. You have turned this into something special. Can I ask what paints you used for the orange? 

Hello mates,

thank you that you like it!!!

Cheers,

Thomas

PS: color was (and i am happy i have some fresh cans left) classic Humbrol Color 192 Matt Blaze FS 28915/RAL 2005 Leuchtorange, a color used both by Luftwaffe and USAF (this Talon is Luftwaffe owned with stars n bars)

• Thanks 1