N.A. T-6G Texan, Nha Trang, South Vietnam, 1954-56

Hello Russ,

Another gem for your Viet Nam serie !

Congratulations ! Very good weathering

You're right, I like that old Monogram kits

I think that these T-6 did'nt make it back CONUS and were later used for a less conventional use.

But you sure will now it indeed.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

That's a really good model, the weathering is very restrained and realistic with the Matt finished the final glory. Absolutely spot on.

steve.

• Like 1

Nice work like others have said, Quite admirable. As for the Monogram kit, its my preferred 'go to' kit in 48th for the Texan Harvard.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, russ c said:

Cheers Mario, have you tried the University of Texas at Dallas website ( utdallas, something or other ) they have lots of stuff on South East Asia, not looked for Thai stuff myself though.

Good luck, Cheers Russ

Thank you for the info, Russ! I will check that source.

Cheers,

Mario

13 hours ago, spaddad said:

Once again a tasty model. So you really rate the Monogram Texan?

cheers,

spad

Cheers Spad`, I `ve also built Heller`s reissue of the Occidental kit and I prefer the Monogram, the other one had warped parts, sinkholes and flash. I think the details about the same on both and the Occidental one has recessed panel lines if you prefer those.

Thanks again Russ 

On 4/23/2018 at 10:05 PM, russ c said:

Cheers, I`m saving my `Junglie` back grounds for my next builds :smile:. Glad you like the weathering, I tried really hard not to overdo it on this one.

Thanks again, Russ

Ive got a junglie background 😋smart job btw

Edited by junglierating
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 1:12 AM, russ c said:

Thanks Luis,

I used a small grainy photo of one in Robert Mikesh`s book `Flying Dragons` as my source of inspiration, although I think there`s a larger photo in Squadrons Texan `In Action` book. I found hardly anything on Google except some painted profiles.

From the book I have, it says that: 55 were sent to the VNAF from 1954 to 1956, used by the Air Training Center at Nha Trang until VNAF training was shipped back to the `States.

Now you know as much as me :smile:

If the photo you have has got T-28`s in it, I think the Texan would probably be a Thai Aircraft as T-28`s weren`t used until 1960.

Thanks again, glad you like it, Cheers Russ

Hi Russ!!!>
Thank you very much for the info  shared here. Will look for the book you cited, as think have many more info and good pics never watched from other nice aircraft from the Flying Dragons. Will check again for the pic I watched as I remember there is saying something about Texans going back to States. The Squadron In Action Book I have doesn't has any Vietnamese Air Force Pic , but will check again. Also, will check for the UTAD library for Laotian Air Force info and BTW, if you have some info to share about them will be highly appreciated My Friend!!!

Thank you very much for your kindness, info sharing and help. 
Cheers!!!

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1