Trinity House 'South Goodwin' Lightship options.

Hi all,

With a visit to Modelkraft 2018 at Milton Keynes yesterday, I came away from the show with an 'impulse' buy, these things happen and because it's a pretty red, ti will please the better half.

I have read the WiP thread from last year by @beefy66 and was very impressed with the build, even with the cricket tease. Anyhow, I fancy doing something a little different to the subject. I understand that the vessel sank in  a storm in 1954 and didn't get raised. Their are other images of 'South Goodwin' after this date with a helopad fitted on its stern like others in this period, and another image with the pad fitted and the ships name now displayed on the superstructure sides.

So my question is, Can the kit be used to create these later named ships of 'South Goodwin'? 

Stuart

Hi Stuart

I believe these type of hulls where a generic style so even a later modelled lightship could be made from the basic hull and structure elements

there are quite a few links on the build I did but you can see images from Google if you type in as lightship South Goodwin this gives you a number of different ships to look at

HTH  beefy

• Like 1

Beefy- thanks. I enjoyed your build of South Goodwin but didn't venture down the links, I think I'll revisit your build and the links.

Mike- thanks. Black is certainly different.

I'm leaning towards doing a 'different' South Godwin, possibly one with helopad. I'd be able to use the kit decals and scratch the pad, pity no helicopter available

Stuart