Vosper Perkasa MTB

Hi all,

With a visit to Modelkraft 2018 at Milton Keynes yesterday, I came away from the show with nice big box of a 1/72 Vosper Perkasa MTB by Tamiya. I didn't appreciate how big these boats were when I compared it with my BPB 63' HSL...huge! Anyways, I have seen the Perkasa in the RFI and noted a comment or two about the model. I will be building it as an RN craft, so is their anything to be aware of or enhancements that can be carried out?

Nothing in the WiP section either, so this at some stage could make an appearance there.

Stuart

• 5 months later...

As far as I know they weren't used by the RN but sold to Indonesia, where they got a LOT of mods. I saw a build article on one of them. I built a Perkasa in it's'original' form, re-did the rear gun platform....

• Like 1

Before you commit to a build, have a quick glance at the Wikipedia entry for the Brave class (I'll assume that it's accurate). Apparently Perkasa was built for Malaysia, and was similar to the Danish Soloven class, which was larger than the Braves. The water's muddy in Coastal Forces...

• Like 1

:) Nothing much, just thought I could improve it a bit with a scratched item.

oerlikon=mount

Also note that the Brave class were rather different, didn't have the forward extension of the superstructure. Always thought I might have a shot at a conversion. Used to see them when I was on the Ile de Serk in Guernsey. Got overtaken by one on our way to Alderney - Fast? Ye gods!

• Like 2