FIAT G.91 R/1 1/32nd DAYGLO MODELS

Piero

Hello,

the hot summer here is already started... 😰 so modelling is slowing down.

But some progress are going on.

The IP cover with the collimator is fitted. I added a map's bag on the left side. 

cof

The front wind shield has been black painted inside the frame and than glued to the fuselage. No problem here, the fit is almost perfect so no filler is required.

cof

Despite the kit includes PE vortex generators, these parts has been replaced by me using thin plasticard strips and added to both side of fuselage's rear section. 

cof

cof

I have also replaced the vertical trim and actuators using plasticard.

cof

PE strakes has been added to the mid-chord of the wings.

Small details as reinforcement plates, heat discharge, drain pipes and anti-collision bacon has been added around the fuselage. 

cof

cof

A light dark wash was applied to highlight panel lines and any eventual imperfection of the work.

cof

cof

cof

The model almost ready for the next painting phase.

CIAO!

Piero

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Very nice job Piero! Looks excellent so far your meal😉

Bon appetito e complimenti.

Ti seguo con interesse.  I'm following you and....your steak.

Have a nice day

Ciao Tiberio

• 2 months later...

Hello my friends,

after a hot & long summer break I'm back to my model desk.

It's time to start the painting phase... my favourite phase.

First of all, the canopy and cockpit were masked with tape and paper, then a good layer of a solid grey has been airbrushed as primer: although there are a number of specific products around for this job, I still prefer to use a cheap and reliable acrylic plain color mixed with some clear gloss.

cof

cof

Nice landing gears eh?...

After 12 hours I checked if there was any fault of filler... luckily everything seems ok... so I sprayed an almost black colour along the panel lines.

sdr

Grigio Mare Scuro (Dark Sea Grey) and Verde Scuro (Dark Green) camouflage paints were airbrushed using blue-tak rolls.

cof

Black was sprayed for the tail fin band and circular antenna on the top of fuselage. The anti glare area in front of the windshield was spayed black too but then I discovered that actually on the AMI G.91R it was Dark Green, so I resprayed in this color.

Some post-shading is already done too.

cof

cof

cof

Alluminio (Flat Aluminum) was airbrushed on the under surfaces.

cof

Black antenna panels were sprayed too.  At this time I had to respray in Zinch Chormate Green the undercarriage bays too.

sdr

Now a good clear gloss layer is a must in preparation for the washing and decal phases.

cof

cof

A dark wash was applied.

cof

CIAO!

Piero

• Like 9

Really nice work on all fronts...the kit looks good too....only wish that someone will make a another Italian classic the mb339 with this level of detail and in 1/32 scale.....

really looking forward to the finished product, going to be ace that’s for sure 

rgds

• 1 year later...

Beautiful skilled work, that Fiat is turning into a masterpiece!

i just wish some mainstream maker could release the G-91 in a quality 1/48 injection plastic... so many great paint options and operators that it couldn’t be anything but a good selling kit

Edited by Holzhamer
  • Like 1