1/48 - McDonnell Douglas A-12 Avenger II by Modelcollect Hobby - 3D renders+box art+decals+sprues - release in 2024

Homebee

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - McDonnell Douglas A-12 Avenger II by Modelcollect Hobby - 3D renders+box art - release in 2022 ?

The markings are absolutely fictional but I have to wonder if they were chosen in order to perhaps add to the model's appeal to other than dedicated model builders. Pure speculation on my part but it's the only way I can see to justify their choice. I have to wonder if this is the "only" set of markings the kit comes with.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - McDonnell Douglas A-12 Avenger II by Modelcollect Hobby - 3D renders+box art - release in 2023 ?
  • 2 weeks later...

Given that what is known about the airplane remains speculative for the most part, a low parts count shouldn't be a surprise. That the model would be representative of what the real airplane might have been like will satisfy many modelers.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - McDonnell Douglas A-12 Avenger II by Modelcollect Hobby - 3D renders+box art - release in 2023

What a stupid waste of time and pointless waste of resources.

And the T-62, (produced in tens of thousands of pieces, the main Soviet MBT of the 1965-85 period, "merited" in the invasion of Czechoslovakia and Afghanistan), has been announced by the same Modelcollect as "future release UA72021" for NINE years.

What's more - both Esci/Italeri and Trumpeter sets in 1:72 can be considered T-62 caricatures at best.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Has anyone heard the status on this model.  I want this model more than just about any other out there now that AF is releasing a Gannet.  Was it "Vapor-ware" all along?

Edited by Bravo52

• 3 weeks later...

Any more news on the A-12 kit?  I will take a few of them.  One for my model case, and want to build one on a stand for my desk at work!

I got hired out of college to work on the A-12.  I owe my career to that beast!