1/48 - McDonnell Douglas A-12 Avenger II by Modelcollect Hobby - 3D renders+box art+decals+sprues - release in 2024

Homebee

Cue cries of : "Why waste time and effort on this aeroplane that never even flew when modellers are screaming out for.................(insert as required)!"😉

To be honest, I like these 'out if the box"(no pun intended) subjects! It might still be a boring grey jet but I find a lot of prototypes to be more interesting than yet another (yawns) F-35 or Spitfire - even if they never even flew!!  With very nice 1/48 kits of the  F-16XL, F-20 and, Vought XF-5 appearing fairly recently then I hope that Modelcollect follow on their WWII range of German Panzer 'what ifs" (if I may use the term) with a decent range of aircraft "types that never made it 

Allan

• Like 2

Strange that they leave their 1:72 scale. Will be a nice kit but I prefer 1:72 for post war prototypes and whifs as there is more such available in the smaller scale (although there have been severals releases in 1:48 as Ableback said).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, Caerbannog said:

Strange that they leave their 1:72 scale. Will be a nice kit but I prefer 1:72 for post war prototypes and whifs as there is more such available in the smaller scale (although there have been severals releases in 1:48 as Ableback said).

Fair point. I'm not a huge fan of 1/48 myself but, sometimes needs must!!null. This will be quite a large model in 1/48 - the A-12 had, if I recall a near 72ft wingspan. I would probably have bought multiples of said kit in the smaller scale! Certainly looks better than that horrible F-35 so, I guess my "what if" FAA  and RAF will be getting a couple of these!

Allan

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HMSLion said:

+1 on 1/72 scale, especially for modern tactical jets.  1/48 is just too big to be conveniently displayed.

Inclined to agree with you but, if there's no other option.........!null. This will be a large model

Allan

🤔

By simply pulling off the labels from the individual silver wrappers in a packet of Dairylea Triangles, you could bag yourself eight of these at the fraction of the cost for £1.25. If the shape isn't quite correct, then a few simple squeezes here and there will improve accuracy. Although thinking about it, they would probably scale out more like 1/400. Back to the drawing board perhaps.

• Haha 5

Model Collect Hobby does like its bombers. I'd be up for a static one folded-up origami style for a titchy carrier deck footprint.

But also concur with Salomon: we could probably get more joy from a 1/48 PAK-FA Su-59. Is there anything out there in 1/48 covering that extraordinary piece of hardware?

Tony

I don't thing Modelcollect will make 48 scale model in the short time, maybe the other manufacture as Kitty hawk, Trumpeter or GWH? The CAD looks fine, I'm waitong for their B-52.

There a nice bleuprint for the airplane:

https://www.aereo.jor.br/2018/03/25/a-saga-do-a-12-avenger-ii-da-mcdonnell-douglas-general-dynamics/

Edited by salomon
  • Like 1

On 07/05/2018 at 17:46, tony.t said:

Model Collect Hobby does like its bombers. I'd be up for a static one folded-up origami style for a titchy carrier deck footprint.

But also concur with Salomon: we could probably get more joy from a 1/48 PAK-FA Su-59. Is there anything out there in 1/48 covering that extraordinary piece of hardware?

Tony

There is: http://shop.hphmodels.cz/en/model-kits-in-scale-148/87-suchoj-t-50-pak-fa-v-meritku-148.html

• Thanks 1

This looks pretty cool and Modelcollect vehicles are pretty detailed so it should be detailed enough for an interesting kit, even more so with the weapon bays populated, plus with the wings folded, it will only be as wide as an F-14 with its wings swept back, while noticeably shorter.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:57 AM, Homebee said:

Boring and grey!! Easily rectified though!!:lol:. Be buying a few of these. Much more interesting than yet another  Spitfire!!:whistle:.

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, SleeperService said:

I can think of far worse things to spend my money on ;)

Agreed! I wish more manufacturers would tackle these "out of the box" subjects as mainstream I M kits

Allan

• Like 2

Wonder what really was the problem for not putting it into production! The real thing I mean....

Where to put sqaudron colors like some crossbones, skulls or cats????

On the outer wings bottom??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

Wonder what really was the problem for not putting it into production! The real thing I mean....

Where to put sqaudron colors like some crossbones, skulls or cats????

On the outer wings bottom??

I think you found the reason why it was cancelled ;-)

• Haha 3