Question about Hasegawa´s 1:48 Fw 190s

Sturmovik

Having built three of them and with two more on the stash, I wanted to know if someone else has had issues fitting the gear doors to the struts because of their length, because when the time comes, I have to trim both doors to get them to fit, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks. 

I think it is a cheat. The doors are made to fit the wheel well but when extended the door should fit inside the wheel well edge. But as they are thicker (moulding limitations) you need to shorten them accordingly. See here

http://www.wildaviation.com/gallery3/index.php/Walkarounds/wwii/Fw190A/lfmainleg

Edited by Charlie Hugo
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Charlie Hugo sorry for not answering earlier, notifications don´t show up.                                                                                                                                                         Regarding the landing gear doors, thanks for confirming what I´ve been doing (cutting the doors to make them fit). I wonder if someone managed to install them without trimming them?

Which mould? HAS Fw190 has several editions.

*rebox Tri-master/DML Fw190A-8

*co-operation of DML Fw190A-3/4(wings from DML, fuselage from HAS)

*another Fw190A-3/4 with all HAS mould

*brand new Fw190A-5/6/7/8

If you build reboxing A-8, it does need some adjust. I never build the "kit-bash" edition, so have no idea.

All HAS mould kits fit well on the MLG bay door.

16 hours ago, fernandocouto said:

If you build reboxing A-8, it does need some adjust. I never build the "kit-bash" edition, so have no idea.

So far I´ve built the A-5/U7 Graf Special, the Japanese Army version, the 09798 boxing, and I have yet to build the Sturmstaffel 1 and the JT94 boxings (all in 1:48), but I don´t know the type of moulding or from which company they´re from. All of the three I´ve built had the issue with the main landing gear door not fitting inside the wing.

Edited by Sturmovik

15 hours ago, fernandocouto said:

I wasn't aware of there being two different Hasegwa A-3/4 series, and the Hasegawa kit listing at Modeling Madness makes no distinction between the seven kits on the list. It it's true, do you know which ones are "cooperation" and which are all-Has? Also, I can find no mention anywhere of Hasegawa reboxing Trimaster A-8s. Revell, yes.

1 hour ago, Seawinder said:

I wasn't aware of there being two different Hasegwa A-3/4 series, and the Hasegawa kit listing at Modeling Madness makes no distinction between the seven kits on the list. It it's true, do you know which ones are "cooperation" and which are all-Has? Also, I can find no mention anywhere of Hasegawa reboxing Trimaster A-8s. Revell, yes.

Looking at Scalemates, Hase´s reboxing of DML´s kit are the Fw 190A-3 JG26 09208 and Fw 190A-3 09205. Hase´s new tool Fw 190A is coded as 09090, and every 190 boxing onwards has been Hasegawa molds.

1 hour ago, Sturmovik said:

Looking at Scalemates, Hase´s reboxing of DML´s kit are the Fw 190A-3 JG26 09208 and Fw 190A-3 09205. Hase´s new tool Fw 190A is coded as 09090, and every 190 boxing onwards has been Hasegawa molds.

Right you are; those two kit numbers aren't mentioned in the Hasegawa list at MM.

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 07:59, Sturmovik said:

So far I´ve built the A-5/U7 Graf Special, the Japanese Army version, the 09798 boxing, and I have yet to build the Sturmstaffel 1 and the JT94 boxings (all in 1:48), but I don´t know the type of moulding or from which company they´re from. All of the three I´ve built had the issue with the main landing gear door not fitting inside the wing.

These variants all based on JT94 Fw190A-8. A-5 kits have different cowl gun cover/chute parts and MLG bay doors, outer wing gun panels.

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 09:37, Seawinder said:

Tri-master rebox and earlier A-3/4 were released around early 90s', there was also a Ta152H.

Series code 091xx/02xx/JXxx kits.

One interesting matter is HAS released 2 JG1's Fw190A-4 with same box art, one with DML wing(DML also released it on their brand) the other is all HAS. So this may why the latter kit's fuselage sprue is X, not A,B,C...

That time, DML's mould did not like they looked today. Quite few flash. Hardly wrapped fuselage, I mean DML's C sprue

35 minutes ago, fernandocouto said:

These variants all based on JT94 Fw190A-8. A-5 kits have different cowl gun cover/chute parts and MLG bay doors, outer wing gun panels.

I hope the A-8 have a better fit on the gear doors, because overall the model is very nice.

7 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

I hope the A-8 have a better fit on the gear doors, because overall the model is very nice.

If I recall correctly from the build I did last December, it's just a matter of a small amount of trimming widthwise at the top of the gear door so it fits into the opening in the wing. Couple of swipes of the knife.

• Thanks 1